Callan

The first sign of consciousness was the bewildering aches in his body—started from down his spine spreading like fire up to his whole being. Callan pressed his fingers on his head, massaging the pain there before he could even attempt to open his eyes. When he finally did, he noticed light coming off from a small rectangular window high up on the wall of an unknown room—it was the only window here.

This place felt like a prison.

But the bed was comfortable, though. He was all deep in the covers, the feel of the smooth cotton fabric of the quilt helped to ease his body pain as it tangled around his feet. He turned around and pressed his face in the pillows, squeezing out the memories of yesterday. Whatever happened, he was in a state of mess.

He didn't remember drinking; not that he drank, though. It's as if he was spelled terribly; the memories were hazy. Or maybe somebody tried to poison him. He shut his eyes, trying to remember more ... holy shit, he encountered the man in his dreams yesterday.

His eyes popped open, and he pulled himself out of the bed in a speed of light. Callan remembered the dangerous yellow eyes, and the malice of his touch. He remembered hugging him, and encountering a bad situation where the man was in harm. Wait ... was that one a dream? Was this whole situation a dream? He couldn't tell anymore ... what was the reality now?

He stood up and shivered as his bare feet touched the cold cemented ground. Everything was dull grey here in this box-of-a-building; the structure of the place didn't make sense. There was so much space here in the bedroom alone; there was a great distance on every direction from where the bed was placed at. Callan navigated the door and heard a subtle sound of a person chugging down a drink.

He got out of the room and his breath was stolen to the sight of his soul mate sitting down at a small coffee table, swigging down a bottle of plain water.

He didn't emerge out of the wall first, wanting to take in the beauty of it all that existed several feet away from where he stood. Callan didn't know why he could be certain, but in all the messiness that was in the past, he knew the man was his true mate. The sharer of his soul, the counterpart of his immortal life. He didn't know why the man needed to cause chaos around the town his family lived in, but he was sure it was because of him. Callan knew the man wanted him, and he knew the guy was confused. Hell, he was confused himself—the dreams and everything were crazy.

Did the man see him too? Was this why the two of them were here today?

Callan gasped in for air.

He cleared his throat and walked out of the walls. "Good morning."

The man slid his chair in shock, suddenly fishing the stick from the coffee table again. A wand, Callan reminded himself. The guy was a wizard after all, the kind that was similar to Colby. He smiled, trying to move his feet more so he could be nearer to the man that was about to be his husband in several years' time from now.

Thinking about marriage made Callan giggle in his head.

The man holding his wand in apprehension looked oddly weird and honestly cute in this sight, now that he wasn't in some kind of weird, Halloween-ish cloak that he wore yesterday. Aside from that, he looked stunned and fearful at the same time. Callan could tell that he was nervous, and the thought of it made him blush. He took a deep breath.

"Hi," Callan said again. "It's ... uh, Parker, right?"

The man composed himself, taking his turn to clear his throat this time. "Do not address me as that, Mr. Johnson."

The man was the epitome of the British English cliché, Callan thought. But that was sexy as hell. The accent, the face ... everything was driving him nuts. Suddenly he regretted of not acquiring all the flirting skills necessary from his brothers.