Nathan

It was supposedly a simple gesture—a kiss. Keith wasn't his first kiss, and the act by itself was merely putting one's lips on another person's.

But this wasn't the same.

Nathan could feel it, as the moistures of their mouth intertwined, that the world burst open in his head.

Keith's breathing got rapid, matching his own raging pulses as his mate grabbed him by the neck to push deeper into his mouth. Nathan let out a moan, and for a second he could feel everything.

He heard the faintest thoughts of each and every one in this room, but later he realized it was more than that. In a short moment, Nathan Drew heard voices of everyone—those new to life, those dying, those in danger—and these strangers' deepest thoughts entered his head. He didn't even know them, and suddenly he felt them inside his system. Billions of voices and faces came to flood in his mind; it overwhelmed Nathan so much he almost couldn't breathe.

In one moment, Nathan Drew knew every person in the world. Every name, every heartbeat, every soul. And all at once, the images of the people whooshed away, leaving one soul to inhabit his whole being, the only person that mattered the most to him.

When the faces and sensations vanished, all he could feel was his body reacting to Keith's lips. When he felt Keith's teeth tease-biting his own lower lip, Nathan moaned to his suffocating hardness in his jeans. He was throbbing now, and couldn't take it any longer.

Keith drove him to the nearest wall and proceeded to run his warm, moist lips to Nathan's neck, just underneath his ears. "Ahh," Nathan let out uncontrollably, suddenly knowing the insides of Keith's mind. His mate was losing control, and that drove Nathan even more insane.

But then he sensed eyes on them without seeing them with his own. First, Nathan knew a couple of people were seeing them. Then it developed to four ... six ...

"Hey, hey, hey," Nathan tried his very best to pull away as gentle as he could, grabbing Keith's by the waist. "Others might notice us."

"Fuck them." Keith advanced forward, but Nathan grabbed his arm to put him in his place.

"Easy," Nathan whispered. "Let ... let's go somewhere else, alright, baby?"

Keith's breathing got loud and intense that he struggled the next words out. "Quick, I—I can't."

Grabbing his mate gently by his waist, Nathan brought Keith to push past the dancing crowd in the dim dance floor to find Dad. He was apparently with his bride, slow-dancing to the love song, completely detached from reality. How funny would it be for Dad to know that Nathan too was experiencing the same euphoria?

"Dad," Nathan said. "I ... can I borrow your car for a while?" He tried not to shudder, but he sounded like a drunk teenager trying hard to act sober now. "Want to take Keith out for a short drive."

"Sure," Dad said, without taking his eyes off his wife's. Yes. Nathan knew Dad was in a state of utter trance to even think wisely. This was a great time.

Nathan and his mate's abrupt steps to leave the Main House brought them in Dad's car next. Nathan drove without any sense of destination, though he really felt it could help them both calm down. He knew the mate bond was killing them both, but he really, really wanted things to turn out romantic. Not lustful. That wasn't his thing.

As they descended the hilly road heading to the main town, Nathan could sense Keith shivering on the inside. Keith scooted and pressed himself very far to his seat away from Nathan, looking out the window. He was squeezing his eyes shut, balling up his fists hard. Nathan knew Keith was losing it and tried to keep himself under control.