Parker

The vampires take shelter in cold, dark and moist places.

Chilly wind made its way to swoosh past huge trees, which stood around a brick, grey box in the heart of the thick forest in Washington DC. The shelter was plain, made quick by a simple magic chant done by the one connoted as the Impossible—he was both the magic wielder and the bloodsucker, all violent and merciless.

But as he stood in the room, a few feet from a boy strapped and bound on a chair, his hair disheveled, the sleeves of his cloak rolled up his arms, he looked nothing like the world would expect. He was all torn and worn out. His shoulders hunched down, looking like a beaten man.

He closed his eyes and held his black wand tight to his side. When he looked up again, he lifted the wand up in the air, pointing at the unconscious bound boy in the middle of the room. He whispered, with a voice of the defeated, and blew the words in the air. "Fear, fear, may you live."

A hissing sound started before a line of thin smoke escaped the thin tip of the long stick. Then, the air was filled with black, airy, puffy clouds—the smoke danced around in the air as it surrounded the boy ahead. The vampire wizard stood up straighter and a smile formed in his face; for the very first time, he started to look like he was earning his life again.

The hisses bewildered in the vast space, spinning around, under and through the boy. The wizard squinted from afar, his hands closed to fists. Sweat dribbled down his temples, and at a close view a shiver seemed to engulf his figure subtly. He swallowed several times, biting his lips, clawing the inside of his palms, as if he was holding himself from fidgeting.

The boy in the middle of the room started to emit his voice. It started out as a moan, gentle and low, before it blew out as a long shrilling screech.

Then, pandemonium broke into the room.

The boy thrashed and screamed, making the chair he was bounded to clatter. But he was being strapped onto a piece of steel protected by magic from damage. He shook back and forth that the chair and himself moved backwards despite its weight. He cried endlessly that in several seconds he started to lose his voice, his agonizing scream only audible as painful croaks.

He struggled in his space again. His weight pinned the chair backwards, and he fell on his back, his two hands confined in the back of the steel landed to the ground.

There were only silent tears afterwards.

The man strode slowly to the middle of the room next, keeping his two hands to his back, his steps calm and synthetic. He lifted his wand up in the air again and swung it back and forth; the smoke raced all the way back to the tip of the wand, letting silence occupied the room again. He looked down and glanced at the boy beneath him, his face appeared half-somber, half-sympathetic.

Behind his back, he clawed his nails deeper into the flesh of his hand.

The man pointed his wand again, this time not muttering anything. The chair rose, and soon the bound boy was up in his sitting position again.

Life seemed to be escaping his face from where he sat, his eyes shut as he released slow moans. The vampire shivered, his wand trembled in his grip but it seemed that he refused to let the fear show in his voice.

"You scum," he growled, all the calm façade he put up gone with his voice. "Tell me what the fuck you are up to!"

His rage boomed around in the cavernous space. The boy couldn't say further beyond his aching grunts. His eyes trembled as it attempted to open—he took several breaths in, his lips shaking. The wand in the vampire's grip shuddered more.

In a flash, the vampire pulled the boy by his collar, almost snapping him out of his bound. He lifted the boy up to the air, his spit sprayed as he screamed his lungs out.

"What do you want from me, you filthy dog! Tell me!"

He let the boy crash to the ground. He looked away, trying to breathe as deep as he could. The light caught the details of moisture in his eyes. He closed his hands to fist.

"P ... please." The croak of voice took his attention. He turned around, and noticed the boy weeping from where he was held. The vampire shut his eyes, his grip threatened to snap his wand in half.

"Please don't do this ..." the boy continued. "Please ..."

"If you don't want this to end badly, I demand you to speak!" Parker bellowed. "What have you been trying to do to me?"

"What ... what are you talking about? Sir, please ... I don't even know you!"

The vampire's hand came to lock around the boy's throat. "If that's the case, why have I been seeing you in my mind? You fucking son of a bitch, what is it that you want from me!"

The boy didn't retaliate, the corner of his lips started to form a smile. The vampire took a few steps away, fear starting to form in the look of his eyes. He gripped his wand again and again as if to ensure himself it was there all along, but that weapon aside, he knew he had nothing to shield himself.

"Sir ... I, I see you too, sir." The boy let his tears fall free, and this time he was laughing. His smiles caught the vampire off guard—he looked like he was about to flee the scene, his steps shivered in his feet.

The boy continued. "I don't know you, sir, but ... I keep on seeing you in my dreams, too. I don't know why ..."

The vampire advanced again, placing the sharp point of his wand to the boy's forehead. "You seem to be entertained at the idea, don't you? You think I don't have a fucking clue that you want to end me? HUH?"

The smile faded off the boy's face, his brows furrowed. "What do you mean by that, sir—"

"Stop!" The boy's collar was once again in the vampire's grip, only a bit stronger this time. "Drop all your games before I obliterate your whole family. God, I can make you suffer good ... you've challenged me way too much at this point."

"What are you talking about?" the boy said. "I don't know you, sir ... please—"

"Shut up!" He tightened his grip around the boy's collar, in hopes to suffocate him to death.

"I just see you very often, sir, and it's driving me crazy, too!" the boy shouted. "I keep on seeing you and ... and I think I ... I am in love with you, sir."

The vampire's hand flew and landed a slap on the boy's face, the blow brought silence back to the space. He turned around, gripped his wand tight for composure, and tried to breathe. He took a few steps back again, like he was afraid of what he had heard. He held his chest with his hands, bent downwards to keep himself from falling apart.

"Shut up!" the vampire yelled next. He weaponized the stick in his hand again, his eyes avoiding the boy like the wand didn't. "Murder ... murder ..." he started, "I ..."

He wheezed next, like the air around the vast area wasn't enough to keep him alive, though his skin was rosy enough to show that he was well-fed. He tried to mutter the same thing again, but he couldn't make himself say the words. "Murder ... murder ..."

He opened his eyes and turned to look at the boy again, who had his eyes opened wide now. When they were eye-to-eye, the vampire could finally inhale a big breath. The creases in his forehead loosened; something in his eyes changed, like some light just made its way to illuminate the darkness in there. The vampire seemed to notice that, too—having to realize this seemed to amplify his anger: he balled up his fists again, shivering in his place, his brows formed two frowns as sharp as swords.

"Release!' he screamed, and a bluish fire shot out of thetip of the stick. It crashed down to the boy before he was set free, laysprawling on the ground.