Parker

Parker climbed up multiple hills and mountains to access a suitable ground for his temporary settlement. He groaned; traveling through the Door might be easier, but realizing that he'd just been on a territory concentrated with shape-shifters, he reconsidered his options. He didn't want to be noticed just yet.

The moment he'd walked out of the Door, he entered what seemed to be the enemy's bedroom. It had looked just like a mundane urban teenage boy's bedroom—the place had been messy and reeked boys' odor. The smell had been strong that Parker couldn't stay for long; something about it stirred something disturbing inside of him . . . something he hadn't felt for quite a long time . . .

No.

Outside the bedroom he had heard chatters of what sounded like parents arguing normal things. The situation had been too common that it seemed so unsettling to Parker. It almost didn't register well that an enemy was a young man living in such ordinary family house. He needed time to investigate the agenda of the boy behind all of this. Confusion flooding his head, he'd almost completely forgotten about the main goal teleporting into the place: to seek how the enemy looked like.

That's when Parker had strolled around the bedroom, searching for photographs or pictures of his potential enemy. He'd sneaked under the bed, opened every drawer he could find there, frustrated to find nothing. When the scent of a shape-shifter had started to concentrate around in the room, he heard footsteps and voices coming from outside the corridor.

With a swish of his wand he'd spelled himself to be invisible, but he knew he wouldn't be out of sight for long. The magic he'd been using already took too much of his energy, and the spell to dissipate in thin air costed a lot of a magician's verve, the ability for them to consume magic. Even for a powerful wizard, his verve was limited, and he could feel it depleting out of his system. Worrying he'd ran out completely, he ran outside of the house and proceeded into the nearest woods, advancing north since then.

It took time for Parker to acknowledge his geographical location. He was almost in a borderline between Washington DC and West Virginia. He hadn't been to America for a very long time; apparently the States didn't interest him. Parker Sebastian, stripping his magic and vampirism, could be a traditional English gentleman.

Parker felt himself shivering, and realized he has yet to satisfy his hunger of blood for quite some time. His last swig of blood had been two days ago, and he knew he would go crazy if he proceeded without doing so. Parker didn't like blood no matter how much he needed it; blood was one of the things that bloodsuckers like him needed to have to stay sane. There were other kinds of body protein that vampires could feed into to drug themselves with, but blood was the commonest and the most traditional one.

He needed to feed himself, especially to replenish his magical verve. Parker slowed down on his climb and started up some light spells. A deer came strolling out from the trees, and Parker shot out a spell to slaughter it. He grunted as he advanced toward the deer, cringing as he brought his fangs to the deer's body and began sucking.

The metallic taste of blood was the one thing that he hated the most, but as the fluid ran down his throat, some sense of relief filled his chest, and he could feel as his body re-energized, his magical aura returning to him. He consumed more this time, as if that could stock him up for more days as he continued his search for the one he wanted to destroy the most.

He sat down by the corpse as soon as he finished, the world around him started to spin around. Crawling on the forest floor, he found a bark to lean on to. After blood-feeding, he needed to wait for the sense of euphoria to subside, or nasty hallucinations would attack his brain, sending him to collapse. He closed his eyes as he waited, seeing as the vision of his nightmares flashed past his sight . . .