Keith

Bloomingdale High's student library wasn't as huge as it supposed to be; however, not many liked to hang out here, especially in early mornings. There wasn't much to see and the choice of books here was definitely not diverse. The tables there were arranged a bit too closed and packed to each other, and the librarians weren't friendly.

Tessa had handled Keith's school registration with no hassle, and he already earned his timetable today. Before moving to DC, Keith had completed a few coursework and assignments that fit the requirement of the subjects he took here. Thankfully he got to transfer credits in a lot of them, so there weren't much to do until final exam started before summer.

His first period started in an hour, so Keith decided to shut himself in the library. When he first loaded his stuff in his locker, only leaving the eight-hundred pages leather-bound Immortal Guide in his backpack, not many kids were in the school compound. He couldn't help feeling nervous, though—he kept telling himself to control his self-defense instinct here. Even though he had been told that many werewolf kids went to this school, he had to be aware of not exposing his lycanthropic identity to anyone yet.

He entered the library and detected no sense of human beings in here. Good. Then, he needed to find somewhere secluded, so whoever came in might not be suspicious of him reading such an old-looking, monster-sized book. Keith had a good feeling that researching now would be ideal, since he would be living with his parents being mates in a werewolf pack soon.

Ugh. He wasn't really fond of remembering that, to be honest.

This library seemed like a good hiding place to him, too. The bookshelves and furniture here were placed very close to each other and camouflaging among these shelves and books was easy. He could simply hide behind the bookshelf at the most back of the room and flipped open the Guide with no worry. If things got a bit out of hand, he could sneak into here as well. Keith smiled and wandered around, finally feeling some sense of relief—

"Ow!"

Keith let out a groan as his head hit on something hard, and he was surprised hearing another voice scowling too.

He had apparently bumped into someone's head. What the hell? Why couldn't he sense this mortal in front of him? His werewolf's ability of smelling had not fucked up yet, had they? Keith knew he had practiced enough to detect human scents. His pulse started to accelerate in his chest, signaling panic. Oh God, what is he doing in here?

"Oh, I'm sorry," Keith blurted out, and the boy in front of him reassured Keith that he was fine. Guess I have to do the research later, then.

The boy in front of him stared into his eyes, and they could either hold desire or suspicion. Since Keith was afraid of the latter, he heard himself muttering gibberish words in attempt to strain away the doubts from the boy's eyes. Only later did he realize that he and the boy were engaging in a conversation that he couldn't find himself to focus on.

"Sorry," the boy said. "I'm Jordan. Nice to meet you."

Jordan seemed like a good guy, very excitable and loved to give out his opinions. Keith honestly thought library wasn't a suitable place for Jordan, because he kept on noticing the librarian glaring at them once in a while, forcing Jordan to minimize his voice. It was strange that Keith started to feel an instant attachment to his newly-found friend, because he didn't really know how to respond to new acquaintances. Well, it seemed like Jordan knew how to be friendly.

For now, having Jordan around might not harm him yet.

Keith silently sighed as he listened to Jordan's chatters. He had really wanted to read the Guide before.