Nathan

Something inside of him was earning strength, and it scared him.

Holding Keith very close to him like this would only tighten the loose screws of his mind-reading engines, and he could feel it now. Nathan felt his own blood rushing inside his system, he could feel as if something hot was rising out of himself, and everything about this sensation felt dangerous. He was growing more and more into something he didn't know before, his old façade protecting him as a mundane werewolf were about to be peeled off. If Nathan kissed Keith tonight, he knew the shell protecting his true abilities would shed completely.

And the magicians would find him very valuable and useful.

But he didn't want to let Keith go, at least not now. Having Keith captured inside his grip was heavenly. Having to share body temperature together with his mate was a gift he felt very privileged of having. He wanted to sleep like this forever, to go to sleep with the sight of Keith and to wake up with it too. He envied everyone who got to do that suddenly, including Jace, Jordan, his dad and Claire. He hated the fact that everyone seemed to have been reunited with their mates so easily while he had the complete opposite.

How can I fight for it? How can I fight for my own happiness?

Because Nathan knew hishappiness was Keith. Everything about him contributed to his own bliss,especially his mate's well-being. And if that's the case, he had to be patientfor now, even that meant they couldn't be together for a very long time.