Nathan

Nathan approached the trees and sniffed, and the smell of river was already strong from here. He randomly picked a pebble from the ground and tossed it forward, leaning his ear closer to detect when it had fallen off.

"What are you doing?" Keith asked.

"Checking if the ground's safe," Nathan answered. "We don't want to fall down a cliff."

"Oh." Keith moved closer to Nathan, looking like he wanted to seek safety or something.

"Don't worry, I know the grounds pretty well," Nathan said. "The boys and I come here often."

They walked on heap of stones on a steep ground that descended into the forest, and the about three feet below them was a clearer space. Nathan held Keith's hand as they trailed down the woods, even though he knew Keith could walk safely alone. Nathan breathed in, careful to not step on the stones, worried if they might detach from the earth and sent him falling down.

The two of them reached a flatter ground, and the chirp from the birds sounded noisier here. The stream of river was to Nathan's left; the smell was strong enough to let him know. He looked at Keith and thought he could smell it as well.

"Wow, I love it here," Keith said. "It's beautiful. I've never played in the trees even after I found out I'm a werewolf."

"Do you want to have your first time now?" Nathan said.

Keith shot him a look. "You sound like you want to take my virginity."

"That, too . . . if you want." Nathan lifted his eyebrows and bit his lips on purpose.

That made Keith smacked him on the back, hard. "Ouch!"

"You deserve it," Keith said. He laughed as he randomly walked around, looking like a fervent child in a playground. Nathan walked closer to him, standing by his side, observing the surrounding as well.

"I'm glad you like the woods," Nathan said. "Maybe our kind is wired to love the forest."

"Maybe." Keith closed his eyes and breathed in. "Anything interesting we can do in here? And don't suggest anything dirty."

Nathan smirked. "Well . . . we can play in the trees, just like how you suggested. We shift forms and run up the hills . . . we have quite the amount of time to kill."

"Sounds good . . . you can teach me how to shape-shift properly, too."

They walked deeper into the forest to find another clearing. Nathan started to take off his shirt and rub it around his neck to intensify his scent on his clothes. When he turned around, he noticed Keith looking only at the ground as he walked.

"Oh, I forgot to warn you that we sort of have to get naked to shape-shift." Nathan chuckled.

"I'm pretty much aware of that." Nathan knew his mate was blushing.

"Ah, so you're expecting to see me naked?"

"Shut the fuck up," Keith groaned. "And no . . . that didn't cross my mind before."

They started to move much slower now. Nathan stopped and turned around, sending Keith to jump in shock. Keith's eyes diverted nowhere but on Nathan's shirtless body and that amused him so much. He chuckled. "You have problems shape-shifting?"

"To do it intentionally?" Keith said. "Yes."

"Ah, it's easy."

Nathan reached out to the end of Keith's T-shirt and tugged it up. His mate recoiled in shock.

"What the hell?" Keith grunted.

"Easy . . . I just want to take your shirt off."

"I can do it myself?" Keith said, his tone made his words sounded like a question. Do you really want to do it yourself, Keith? Nathan leered once again in amusement, especially since Keith fidgeted around in doubt just to get his shirt off.