Chapter 3: Arrested

"Thank you for notifying me, officer," Starfire sighs while talking to a police through the phone, "I will make sure to be there soon."

She then hangs up the phone and groans in frustration, pinching the bridge of her nose. She then grabs her jacket and is heading out. The others are watching in confusion.

"Hey, Kori, what's up?" Cyborg asks in concern.

"Damian and Raven are in a police station," Starfire explains irritably, "They just got arrested."

"Arrested?" Both Beast Boy and Blue Beetle are shocked with what Starfire is saying. They are not surprised Damian getting arrested but no one excepted Raven to also get into trouble.

"For what?" Cyborg asks.

"For hijacking my car."

*********************

Raven and Damian are sitting around in a prison cell, far away from other criminals that are eyeing at them, mostly at Raven. Damian puts his arm protectively around Raven, knowing that the criminals in the corner are having some interest towards her. Raven simply rests her head on his shoulder and tries not to look in their direction.

Damian simply glares at the in full warning.

Damian knows that if any of them tries to put the moves on Raven, he'll hurt them...badly.

He watches as one of them gets up from the corner and is headed right for them. The guy looks like he's on high, Damian assumes. Raven's hand immediately tightens around Damian as the guy sits next to them. Again, Damian is slightly blushing at this gesture.

"Is she your girl?" the guy asks while eyeing at Raven. Damian's glare intensifies.

"She's my friend, who happens to be a girl," he sneers. Not the best choice of words when he knows he's sitting next to someone trying to put the moves on his teammate. The guy has yellowish teeth as he smiles at Raven.

**************************

Kori finally arrives at the police station after flying for through the city. She first called Dick to tell him about what happened. His response? "I knew something like this would happen." He doesn't seem surprise Damian stole her car since he already stole the Batmobile more than twice. Of course, he did not expect for Damian to drag Raven into the situation. Then she called Batman, and as expected, he is pissed off. He's not the only one. Kori is very angry with both of the kids, mostly at Damian. Not only did he took her car without permission but also risked Raven's life. Raven is only fourteen. If she's in jail, there will be a lot of pervs keeping an eye on her.

She arrives at the police station to ask for the children that got arrested for grand theft auto. They are registered. The kids are lucky to use their fake names so no one would recognize them: Rachel Roth and Damian Pennyworth. When she asks for the children, the cops tell her that they will not be pressed with charges since no real damage has been done but she'll still have to sign release forms for both of them.

An agonizing yell is suddenly heard throughout the station.

Kori watches as four policemen are dragging two thugs away in handcuffs, yelling in pain cursing. One has a broken ankle and is being half-dragged through the floor. The second one has a bloody nose. There is a commotion and more yelling coming from the jail cells down in the hallway.

Kori follows the chief of the police station to the jail cells. At the end of cells, Kori finds Damian pinning a man down on the floor and punching him in the face repeatedly. Three more are knocked out on the floor. And Raven is trying to haul Damian away, screaming at him to stop. Kori watches in horror as Damian continues punching the man in the face while snarling like a wild animal.