Chapter 10: Rock Bottom

Slade's partner is looking at photos of the Titans that were sent through fax, in the shadows even in red light, most pictures of the Titans having a good time at places like at the beach, the park and the fair. There is very little photos of Damian with his team since the boy has only been with the Titans for over a few months. And most of the photos he found are of Damian with the Raven girl, and occasionally with Jaime Reyes and Garfield Logan. It impresses him how infatuated Damian Wayne is with the girl black-haired girl. Damian is seen smiling in the photos with her and there are photos where it shows the boy bothering her, sometimes wrestling her to the ground.

A tear threatens to escape the man's eye but immediately brushes it away. He is envious of Damian's happiness, wondering why he couldn't have that same happiness when he was brought to this world. Damian has even found love even if he denied it so many times to his teammates. Even the Raven girl agreed with him. They claim to be simply friends. But the man new the truth; he knows that Damian is trying to hide his true feelings for her from everyone but he cannot hide them from her. This girl pretends to not notice but she does and tries to persuade him every chance she has and the boy simply plays along with it, following her like a dog. You are weak, Damian. He believes the boy to be weak and yet he is still becoming stronger every day despite of his feelings for the girl and it is something the man despises most. A weakness is supposed to make the opponent weaker, not stronger. He knew that the only way to destroy Damian is through Raven.

"I'm going to make you suffer this time, boy, and I will take everything you care for, starting with her," the man hisses darkly while poking at the black-haired girl in one of the picture.

**************************************************************

Terra is sitting on the couch upside down, listening to rock music through her earphones and humming to herself. The rest of the Titans were having a meeting, debating on whether Terra should be part of the team or not. Raven did not join the meeting. She remains locked in her bedroom like always. Terra thinks they don't need her for the debate. It is a decision only either Starfire or Cyborg could make. She knows that Starfire and Beast Boy are eager to have her on the team. Cyborg and Blue Beetle have mixed feelings about it but Raven and Robin are the only two that don't seem to be pleased about her joining the team. Their vote is not valid however, especially Robin's.

Terra opens her eyes at the feeling of someone watching her and finds Damian Wayne/Robin standing in front of her with arms crossed and glaring down at her.

"Oh hi," she says, smiling. "You must be Robin."

"How much do you know about me?" Damian asks.

"Well, you work for the Batman so that's all I know," she says.

"You may have fooled everyone else, including Raven, but you're not fooling me," Damian confronts her.

"And how exactly am I fooling everyone?" Terra asks, giving Damian an expression as if she doesn't know what he's talking about.

"What are you really here for, Terra?"

Terra smirks mischievously as she sat down on the couch normally and tilts her head to the side. "What do you think I'm here for?" She chuckles. "You actually think I'm here to hurt you and your little family?"

"Well, you don't look too trustworthy," Damian says, "We all just met you today. We don't know your real name."

"I don't have to give you my real name, you know," she says, "I never asked for yours. I never asked for anyone's names, not even Raven's. I respect your privacy. Why can't you respect mine?"

"I don't trust you," Damian says, his eyes narrowing, "You appear out of nowhere for less than a few hours and now you want to be part of the team. That's not how it works around here, Terra. You have to actually work hard for it and earn it."