Chapter 13: Listen and Learn

Another chapter is here. Yay.

This is the longest-ass chapter I've written in Judas Contract so far. It includes a flashback involving Damian and Deathstroke, and how the whole shit with Ra's al Ghul might have went down. Also, it's probably a small alteration to Damian's past.

Enjoy.

***********************************************

"You don't own me. I'm not just one of your many toys," Felicity sings a Lesley Gore song as she's doing the dishes after breakfast the next morning. Kori insisted her on not doing the dishes at first since she's a guest at the Tower but Felicity wanted to do since she has nothing else to do it. She has nothing else to do at the Tower since her stuff are still at her apartment and Kori sent Victor to get them. "You don't own me. Don't say I can't go with other boys. And don't tell me what to do! Don't tell me what to say! And please, when I got out with you! Don't put me on display 'cause you don't own me. Don't try to change me in any -."

"What are you doing?"

" – Jesus!" Felicity exclaims with a fright. She turns around to find Damian standing behind her at the other side of the kitchen island, staring at her with an estranged frown on his face. "Don't do that. That creepy popping out of nowhere thing. It's not cool...at all." She takes off the yellow rubber gloves, tosses them aside and folds her arms over her chest. "How long have you've been sitting there?"

"For a few minutes," he says. He's eating cereal for breakfast. Cocoa Puffs. Who knew the kid would like iconic cereals. "You have a nice voice, Miss Smoak. You should consider retiring from hacking and become a singer."

"Is that sarcasm, I'm hearing? Why don't you try singing, frog face?" she asks with a teasing smile and a raised eyebrow. "On second thought, maybe don't. You'll probably sound like nails on a chalkboard."

"I don't know if I'm sitting here to be insulted or to thank you for keeping Raven safe, Pandora," Damian says as he continues to eat his cereal, the milk already turning brown.

Felicity scoffs. "You're still calling me Pandora? Why can't you just call me by my real name? I know I do. Also, you're welcome."

"Pandora is your codename, isn't it? I've never seen you wash dishes before," he points out, "Every time we go to your home for help, the dishes are always piled up in the sink. We even found a cockroach there once."

"You try working in front of a computer for hours on end," she says sharply, "It's painful. Sitting on my ass until goes numb and fingers start cracking. It's a miracle I get any sleep at all. Last night was the greatest sleep I ever had since I wasn't anywhere near my computer."

Damian seems distracted right now. He continues looking at the elevator. The doors slide open, only for Jaime and Dick to come out of it. He hasn't seen Garfield this morning. Garfield is either still made at Damian for the whole Terra thing or ashamed that he threw Damian to a wall, and that he was right about Terra attacking Raven. But most importantly, no Raven. She hasn't arrived at breakfast. She hasn't come out of her bedroom. Probably doesn't want to talk.

"She's not coming down here, isn't she?" he sighs, his eyes now saddening.

Felicity simply rolls her eyes. "Stop being such a freaking stalker, Frog Face. If she wants to come out of her room, she'll come out of her room. Weren't you mad at her last night?"

Damian sighs. He stops eating his cereal and stirs it with the spoon. "I was. Now I'm not so sure. I mean, she was sorry. I guess I just...I don't know."