Chapter 6: Antagonizing

Well, here we go. Another chapter to Judas Contract.

There will be elements of Rebirth in this story. I've been reading the new comics and to me, they are fantastic. I can't wait for the new Teen Titans Rebirth to arrive. 

Anyways, here we go in 3...2...1. Enjoy.

****************************************************

"How are you feeling?" Damian asks Raven while sitting down next to her hospital bed. He looks at her leg bandaged and casted. The damage was nasty. Damian and the others waited 12 desperate hours for Raven to get out of surgery. Raven is lucky the doctors were able to save her leg. He wouldn't stop pacing around the waiting room.

"Like I just got crushed by a beam," Raven croaks tiredly before giving Damian a small smile. She's still on meds. She just woke up from anesthesia after hours of sleep and still feels like crap. Damian frowns at her, not thinking the joke at all funny. "I'm messing with you. I'm fine. I just need to heal, that's all."

"The doctors say that the burns on your leg were lessening once they brought you to the hospital but they still needed to take you to surgery," he says in a worrisome tone.

"I heal fast, Damian. I'm part demon, remember?" she croaks again. Her lips are white and chapped. She needs water. "I have more white cells than two people put together. I suppose Kori would have to explain that to the doctor."

"...I thought you were going to die," he frowns at her. Raven immediately reaches out and takes his hand in hers.

"Damian, it's okay. I'm fine. It's just a broken leg," she says.

"It could have been worse. You almost lost that leg."

"But I'm alive, am I? Be lucky that other girl helped us out from the fire or we'd both be ashes right now. You still have second degree burns on your hands. I'm guessing you didn't let the doctors near you."

"I tried looking through every file but there's data, no history, no background check on the blonde girl. It's like she doesn't even exist," he says.

"Please don't be like your father and start obsessing over this girl," she says, "Remember when you were trying to research on me?"

Damian smiles slightly. "You still think I'm a stalker."

"You are a stalker, Damian," she giggles but stops to let out a painful whimper, "It hurts to laugh."

"You need rest," he says, "The doctors say that you might be able to go home tomorrow. I hope they let you out of here. The doctors here are incompetent and useless. They were really slow. I would have repaired you in less than 5 hours instead of twelve."

"Would you?" Raven raises an eyebrow at him.

He crosses his arms and glares at her. "Yes."

Raven sighs at his stern words but she knows that he actually means it. He almost died in the fire trying to save her. He is too stubborn to obey people and she should have expected that Damian wasn't going to abandon Raven in the fire. Luckily the blonde girl showed up or both of them would have been cooked and crushed. Damian is still determined to find out whom that blonde girl is and Raven knows she can't do anything about it. Once Damian gets obsessed with something, there's no stopping him. Still, she praises him for being a good team member and not leaving her behind even if she begged him to leave.

Raven takes his hand again and brushes her thumb over his knuckles. "I'm worried about you sometime. Every time you get obsessed with something, you turn into a completely different person," she whispers, "There's one thing I can tell you about that blonde girl you probably didn't notice. She's European. She has the accent. I think I just made your investigation much easier now."