Chapter 7: The Uninviting

Thia_Cross: What's different about Terra in my story is that she's both a combination of Terra from the comics and Terra from the TV series. In the comics, the original Terra was never really a hero since she willingly helped Deathstroke capture the Titans and they both had a very disturbing sexual affair (the girl was freaking 15 for crying out loud) even though I should have seen this coming in the TV series. Yikes...Anyways, the original comic book Terra was very psychotic and very unstable, and she never liked Beast Boy at all. Her clone did though so for all the Beast Boy and Terra shipper fans out there, be lucky the clone likes him. As for Terra from the TV series, she is completely different. She was depicted as more insecure than the comic book counterpart and was manipulated the entire time by Slade unlike the comic book counterpart. In this particular story, I don't know if this might happen in Teen Titans: The Judas Contract movie, but here, Terra actually kind of likes Beast Boy but is working for Deathstroke and his new partner by force when Brion is being threatened. If none of you know who Brion is, I suggest you look for his name Brion Markov. Terra is somewhat similar to the Terra in the comics but very different from the Terra in the TV series. She is very different from both of her counterparts and it's going to be very fun on how I write her down.

***********************************************************

Raven senses anger from a distance of her bedroom. Anger and frustration. It's familiar. She cannot concentrate on her meditation with those emotions overwhelming her. She gets up from her bed and dresses up in black shorts and a dark purple hoodie. She looks at the garbage can where her costume lies burned. What a waste. It took her weeks to make that suit. Now it's going to take forever to take forever to make a new one, one that does not catch on fire.

She limps out of her bedroom — her leg still healing itself — and follows the sense of emotions to the training room where she hears grunting and yelling. She recognizes the voice almost immediately. Damian. Once in the training room, she sees him fighting the hologram ninjas with his sword. He is swinging around the sword like a whip, slicing and dicing the holograms in half. He doesn't miss any of them as more are coming his way. Raven simply stands there, watching, with her back reclined against the wall and her arms crossed over her chest. She watches Damian grunting, yelling and panting as he strikes each hologram with his sword. She can sense that he's becoming exhausted but is relentless to stop.

"Are you okay?" Raven asks out loud, her voice echoing throughout the training room.

"I'm fine," he growls as he slices another hologram.

"You don't look fine," she says meekly with a hint of anxiety in her voice. "I'm guessing things didn't go well between you and Batman."

"I said I'm fine, Raven!" he snaps and continues killing the holograms.

No, you're not, Raven can sense something wrong in Damian. His heart is pounding too fast. She can hear it. He can pass out from exhaustion. Raven calmly walks over to the control panels and immediately turns off the holographic simulator and instantly earns a glare from Damian when his holographic opponents disappear.

"What was that for!?" he snaps at her, his teeth gritting viciously. Raven jumps back from the control panel with a startle. She didn't expect him to be so angry with her for simply shutting off the control panel. Luckily, the only thing keeping between her and Damian's wrath is the exact control panel.

"I'm sorry. I had to. You're not yourself, Damian. You're too angry," Raven stammers nervously, "You need to calm down."

Damian walks around the control panel and snatches her arm in his hand in a tight grip. "I said I'm fine!" he snaps louder.