Chapter 16: The Return

So I'm back after so many months. It's been a rocky road since I didn't have Wi-Fi to keep updated the stories but now that I'm back, I'm taking my time in writing the new chapters as well as trying to updated my other fanfiction. For Black Butler fans, I'm making my first Black Butler fanfiction. If you guys want to check it out, feel free.

Sorry if the chapter is a mess and sorry if it's too short for you guys. Remember, I'm just getting back in the game. Let me know what you guys think in the comments.

*

Raven opens her eyes and finds herself in a room made of stone walls with a large window looking outside to what looks like snow and a door that's pretty sure locked up tight. She can tell by the darkness in the sky that it's nighttime. She slowly sits up and hisses at the pain in her midsection where that bald woman shot her. After looking around, she realizes she's been lying on a wooden bench attached to one of the stone walls. Where am I?

She gets up from the bench and limps towards the window. She can only see mountains and snow but nothing else beyond. I guess I'm not in the U.S. anymore. She could be in the Himalayas. It snows almost all the time there. Or could be in any other snowy mountain. But why would that Onyx woman bring her here? And why Raven? She thought Onyx would be after Damian but she was actually after Raven. Better her than Damian, especially in the condition that he's in but still, why her? Why do they need her for?

I have to get home. Raven tries thinking of home. The Titans Tower. She lifts up her hand and tries summoning her powers to open the portal to return home. Her eyes widen when nothing happens. She looks down at her empty hand. That's when she notices a metal bracelet around her wrist with a small lightbulb glowing red. She struggles to rip it off her wrist but it refuses to budge. It's stuck to her skin like glue.

She jumps and turns around when she hears the door open. She nearly gasps when Slade Wilson enter the room, completely armoured and carrying a bag in his hand.

"Deathstroke?"

"Hm. I'm surprised you still remember me," he says, "You were quite young when we first met. How old were you? 10? 9?"

Raven feels insulted by the question. She wasn't that young when she and the Titans met Deathstroke. "I was 12."

Slade shrugs his shoulders. "It was probably the lack of having two eyes that made me think you were younger."

"You need another eye." That's stating the obvious. She remembers seeing it in Damian's mind. How he stabbed Deathstroke in the eye and was prepared to stab him in the heart. There was so much anger in Damian back then.

Slade simply chuckles in amusement before putting the bag on the bench where she had been sleeping earlier. "You must be hungry. I brought you something to eat."

"I didn't think I'd be fed around here."

"I'm not gonna starve you, if that's what you think. I find it rather insulting that you find me that much of a monster," he says.

Raven frowns. He's joking, right? Has he looked in a mirror lately? Has he read himself in the newspapers lately? He killed one of the members of the Justice League, the Atom, as well as Moira Queen and other innocent lives, not to mention the people he was paid to kill. Yes, the people he killed where mostly murderers, drug cartels and dealers and other despicable assholes but they were still people. And some of them had families, wives and children who had no idea why the husband/father was murdered by the most dangerous assassin in the world. If he finds it insulted being called a monster, he should hear the other names people call him.