Chapter 8: Terra

Sorry for not posting the chapter sooner, guys, I was really busy with my other story Black Owl. If you guys want to check on Black Owl, you can find it on my profile. I also have a story called Let Me Out which I posted and completed years ago, if you guys want to check that out too, be my guest. The next chapter to Judas Contract is up. It's not as good as the other chapters but I'm getting. So I hope you guys like it.

They return to the Tower at noon. Everyone goes to take a shower. Damian decides to investigate more of this Terra girl. As for Raven, she returns to her bedroom the minute they arrived back home. She basically bolted back to her bedroom as if she were in a hurry. Damian wanted to see if she's okay but she locked the door and over the last five minutes, all he heard was her vomiting. He is now worried about her. She's been that way ever since she met that Terra girl. He knows that something is not right about her. He can feel it. Even Raven felt it.

He returns to his room and opens up his laptop. He sends another message to Stephanie:

DAMIAN: ARE YOU THERE?

STEPHANIE: YES.

DAMIAN: DID YOU MANAGE TO GET INTO THE BATCAVE'S COMPUTER?

STEPHANIE: NOT YET. I'M ON MY WAY.

DAMIAN: HURRY UP THEN. I HAVE ANOTHER JOB FOR YOU TO DO.

STEPHANIE: ONE THING AT A TIME, SHORTSTACK. I'M NOT THE FLASH.

DAMIAN: OBVIOUSLY. BUT IT'S IMPORTANT.

STEPHANIE: JUST LET ME GET THAT DRIVE THING YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AND MAYBE I CAN DO THE REST. IF I DON'T GET THROUGH THE CODES, I'M SENDING IT OVER TO ORACLE. SHE'S THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN PROBABLY BREAK THROUGH.

DAMIAN: ALL RIGHT THEN. ONCE YOU'RE FINISHED, I NEED TO LOOK FOR INFORMATION ON A GIRL NAMED TERRA.

STEPHANIE: WHO'S TERRA?

DAMIAN: I'LL EXPLAIN LATER. JUST FINISH THE FIRST TASK, BROWN.

STEPHANIE: FINE.

Damian snaps the laptop shut when he hears laughter outside the Tower. He recognizes the laughter to be Garfield but the other laughter belongs to someone else. His eyes widen when he also recognizes the laughter. He looks out the window of his room to see Garfield sitting at the rocks...and with Terra. What is she doing here? Damian narrows his eyes in suspicion and crosses his arms. Why is she here?

************************************************************

"Hey, Barbara, you there?"

Stephanie can hear Barbara yawning on the other side of the line. She must have been sleeping. "Yeah, I'm here," Barbara yawns loudly through the phone. "What is it?"

"Listen, I need you to do me a favour if you can," Stephanie says.

"Can you give me at least half-an-hour? I've had a long night." Barbara groans as she struggles in her bed. Since she can't use her legs, it's difficult for her to sit up. She always has to use her arms to push herself up.

Stephanie then hears another yawning sound in the background, one not belonging to Barbara. It's the yawning of a man. Stephanie giggles. "I can tell. Who's there in the background?"

"Um, no one," Barbara says nervously.

But Stephanie can hear the man in the background. "Hey, Barbie, I'm going to take a shower. You want me to make breakfast?"