My Reaction to Titans

The next chapter is almost done. I'm just doing some editing before posting and it might take awhile. I just got back from New York City and I had my cousin and aunt visiting for the month. I was also very busy with my original novel Black Mamba so I couldn't divide me brain in two.

I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about the new Titans series. Some loved the trailer. Some hated it. Some hated Starfire's new outfit and some were like "Meh". I was one of the people who thought Starfire's outfit was "meh". But overall, I am so excited for the new TV series. I, for one, loved the trailer. I think Teagan Croft playing Raven looks absolutely fantastic. Robin looks really cool too and the actor is rocking the Robin costume. My only annoyance towards it is that Beast Boy didn't get enough screen time now did they show him morphing into different animals. I know some people are skeptical about whether the show will work or not but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I also didn't like how people on Instagram were attacking Anna Diop with racist comments for playing the role of Starfire, stating that she looks like a cheap prostitute/porn star and other nasty comment. And most of these comments are made by men who claim to be big fans of the original Teen Titans comics but in my opinion, I think these are more like "toxic fans" rather than actual fans. Toxic Fans get so angry because they don't get the casting they want or they hated certain character and start attacking the actor/actresses portraying the character. Anna Diop had to delete her account because of these attacks and it was just nasty. Seriously, the comments I read were just nasty. And the actress Minka Kelly had to write in her defence to shut the haters down. And this is not the first time these "toxic fans" attacked an actress. The same thing happened with Gal Gadot when she played Wonder Woman and Kelly Marie Tran from Star Wars: The Last Jedi who also deleted her Instagram account after facing the same racial harassment Anna Diop faced by these "toxic fans".  I honestly don't understand why there's a necessity to attack someone for playing a character. I mean, we all know Titans is never going to be like the comics or the cartoon characters. This is a different interpretation of the characters and story and the directors were the ones who chose the actors/actresses to play these characters so I honestly don't understand the hatred coming from these "toxic fans" 

I'm sorry if this sounds a little ranting but I just wanted to get my thoughts out on the situation at hand because I've noticed that it's been getting out of control. 

Again, the next chapter will be out as soon as I finish editing it. And again, sorry if this review sounds a bit ranty.