Chapter 14: Seizure

I don't know if this is my best chapter since it seems a bit rushed. I've done better. It's been a long while since I wrote another chapter for this fanfic. Sorry for the delay. I hope you guys like it.

This is going to weird people out a little but this involve the live-action fancast of Damian Wayne. They keep considering either Asa Butterfield, David Mazouz or some few American child actors (not saying all of them) but some forget one thing...Damian is part Arabic.

*

10 years ago

Nanda Parbat...

"Nothing says like a good morning than seeing the children fighting during training," Dusan said to Slade as they both stood at the balcony, looking down at the two kids Damian and Mara fighting on the courtyard.

"All I see is Damian getting the crap beaten out of him by your daughter, Dusan," Slade pointed out while watching Dusan's daughter Mara pinning Damian to the ground and slapping him in the face repeatedly. It's an unfair fight and both Slade and Dusan know it. Damian was three years old while Mara was seven and more experienced. It was obvious Damian was going to get his ass kid on his first day of training. However, Mara was taking it too far. She was enjoying herself too much slapping the hell out of Damian.

"Do you think we should tell her to stop?" Dusan asked.

Slade didn't answer. He simply continued watching Mara beating Damian while the boy was shielding his face with his forearms while crying out. The stupid boy hesitated when Maya lunged at him. He was thinking instead of acting. That was his first mistake. Damian's second mistake was letting Mara take the upper hand. Slade thought he should allow Mara al Ghul to continue beating Damian so he could learn of lesson.

This was something Slade thought while still thinking about Ra's told him. His plans of having Damian to be the next Ra's al Ghul instead of Slade infuriated the soon-to-be mercenary. Ra's was breaking his promise. Slade was by his side for many years and it wasn't fair. Not only that, Damian wasn't ready to be the next Ra's al Ghul. The boy was too young and small. He was still learning how to fight and could barely hurt a fly yet. Damian didn't have the age or the capacity to lead the League of Assassins. Again, if something like this was going to happen, Ra's shouldn't have made the promise in the first place. Ra's was pushing Slade out. And things haven't been quite the same after that. Being Damian's mentor had become quieter and somewhat more hostile. Slade barely looked at Damian during class and only spoke to him when necessary. Damian was always confused now, not knowing why Slade would act this way. Was he really mad at Damian? Or the fact that Ra's broke his promise and was now taking out his anger on a three-year-old boy?

"Mara al Ghul!" Slade called out, halting Mara, "That's enough. Let him go."

Growling in annoyance, Mara got off Damian and the boy quickly scrambled back to his feet. He already had a bloody nose and a busted lip. And there would most likely be a black eye later. Both Mara and Damian stood next to each other and bowed before their mentors.

"Well done, Mara," Dusan congratulated his daughter, "Excellent as always."

"Thank you, Father," Mara said.

Damian didn't say anything as he noticed Slade staring down at him coldly.

"Meet me back at the class, Damian," Slade said, "We'll talk."

Damian did as told and returned to the class where he was met with a very disappointed Slade Wilson.

"What the hell was that!?" Slade snapped at him angrily, "You let yourself get beaten! You hesitated, you let Mara take the upper hand and she nearly beat you to a pulp!"