Chapter 17: Hate or Guilt

Here's the next chapter of the Judas Contract. I do hope you enjoy. Some parts are being borrowed from The Nun movie. But no, Valak is not in the story even though that would be pretty cool.

*

After nonchalantly tucking Raven into bed, Heretic walks out of the cell, only to get punched in the mouth by Slade. Heretic wipes the blood from his mouth and glares at the man who was once Damian's tutor but now enemy.

"Are you out of you mind!?" he yells. "Why did you reveal yourself to her like that?"'

After nonchalantly tucking Raven into bed, Heretic walks out of the cell, only to get punched in the mouth by Slade. Heretic wipes the blood from his mouth and glares at the man who was once Damian's tutor but now enemy.

"Are you out of you mind!?" he yells. "Why did you reveal yourself to her like that?"

Heretic stands on his feet and cranes his neck, making the bones crack. "Simple. I wanted to see how she reacted."

*

10 years ago...

Slade remained sitting next to the medical bed, reading the newspaper, when Ra's al Gul walked in. The old man looked over at Damian who was still sleeping with an oxygen mask still attached to his face. White fog keeps puffing up against the plastic mask.

"How is he?" Ra's asks Slade without taking his eyes off the boy.

"Still recovering," Slade said as he turns the page of the newspaper.

"Good. When he does recover, have him report to me as soon as possible. We will continue his training as planned," Ra's said as he walked out of the infirmary.

Hearing this made Slade look up and close the newspaper shut. He got up from his chair and followed Ra's out of the infirmary, despite being told to not let Damian out of his sight. "You're joking...You're not joking. Damian is sick. You know that and yet, you still prefer to exploit him like a machine."

"He's my grandson. He'll be the one to take my place as the new Head of the Demon -."

"He's sick!"

"He's strong."

"He's a boy," Slade says, "He's not ready to take your place and judging by his condition, I doubt he'll ever be ready."

"What are you saying? That he shouldn't take my place as the new Ra's al Ghul?"

"I'm not saying that. What I'm saying that if you want him to take your place, he should at least be alive for it. He needs an operation."

"Damian doesn't need an operation."

"Clearly you didn't see him spurting out blood from his mouth."

"That's not the problem. Just admit it. The only thing you want is to take Damian's position. You want to be Ra's al Ghul."

"Trust me, if I wanted to be the next Ra's al Ghul, I would have killed you and Damian long ago. I don't need to put a lot of effort. Children are easy to kill. But this is not the case. Damian is sick and he's not ready to take your place just yet. He needs a doctor. And he needs it urgently, before it gets worst. I know a few doctors nearby. Doctors that can treat this sort of condition."

The old man's eyes widened. "Taking Damian to the outside world? Are you insane!? He needs to remain here where we can proceed his training."