DIY 2-Ingredient Face Masks for Glowing, Flawless Skin (Part 1)

Want to maintain clear and flawless skin with natural ingredients but don’t have the time or money to gather a host of ingredients?

Perhaps the simplest solution is to grab a lemon, cut it in half, drop a little raw honey on one half and gently rub it on your face. Leave the juice on your skin for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse off your face.

You can also use other simple, cost-effective and readily available ingredients like turmeric powder, milk powder, green tea, aloe vera, cucumber, papaya and potato.

Five of the top 10 quick and easy 2-ingredient face mask recipes are explained below. We’ll cover the rest in the next post.

Here are the first 5 of the top 10 DIY 2-ingredient face masks for flawless skin.

1. Cucumber and Turmeric Face Mask

Cucumber is excellent for cooling and hydration. It also works wonders for your skin, as it gives you a glowing complexion and helps fade blemishes and lighten suntan. Due to its astringent properties, it also works as a natural skin toner.

Plus, turmeric is great for skin rejuvenation and maintaining an even skin tone. Its antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties help treat skin breakouts to help you maintain clear, radiant skin.

Peel and blend ½ cucumber in a blender or food processor.

Mix ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder in it.

Slather this cucumber face mask on your skin, leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cool water.You can use this face mask daily or several times a week. As turmeric tends to stain the skin, you may want to use this at night before going to bed.

2. Avocado and Honey Face Mask

Rich in vitamins, antioxidants and amino acids, avocado is excellent for moisturizing your skin and reducing wrinkles and fine lines.

When combined with honey that has moisturizing and humectant properties, it makes a great face mask for normal to dry skin.

Scoop out the pulp of ½ avocado.

Mash it thoroughly using a fork.

Mix in 1 tablespoon of raw honey.

Apply this paste on your face and neck. Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off. Use this soothing face mask several times a week.

Instead of avocado, you can also use banana in the same way. If you do not have honey, simply apply mashed avocado pulp on your skin.

3. Gram Flour and Potato Juice Face Mask

Gram flour works as a mild exfoliant to lighten and brighten your skin, reduce excess oiliness and beat acne. It can also help remove unwanted facial hair. Potato has natural bleaching properties that help fade dark spots and blemishes.

Put 4 to 5 teaspoons of gram flour, also called chickpea flour or besan, in a bowl.

✔Add a little potato juice.

Mix it well until you get a smooth paste.

Apply it evenly on your face and neck. Leave it on for 20 minutes or until it dries completely. Scrub it off gently, then rinse off your face. Use this face mask once or twice a week.

To extract potato juice for this recipe, blend or grate a medium-size potato and press the pulp through a sieve or cheesecloth. Make sure you wash and peel the potato before extracting its juice.

Apart from potato juice, you can combine gram flour with plain yogurt, buttermilk, cucumber juice, green tea, rose water or coconut water. When combined with different ingredients, gram flour can be used on all skin types.

4. Milk Powder and Coconut Water Face Mask

A combination of milk powder and coconut water used as a face mask can help reduce skin pigmentation and enhance your complexion.

Milk powder contains milk protein and lactic acid that help rejuvenate your skin. Loaded with several nutrients and antioxidants, coconut water gives you a glowing complexion, lightens suntan and offers anti-aging benefits.

Put 1 teaspoon of milk powder in a bowl.

Mix in a little coconut water to make a paste.

Apply this paste evenly on your face and neck. Allow it to dry, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. You can use it on your skin a few times a week. If you do not have coconut water, simply use freshly squeezed lemon juice.

5. Sandalwood Powder and Rose Water Face Mask

Maintain youthful and glowing skin with a combination of sandalwood powder and rose water. Sandalwood offers cooling and skin-lightening benefits.

Rose water is also soothing to the skin and adds a youthful glow due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and astringent properties.

Put 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder in a bowl.

Add sufficient rose water to make a paste.

Mix the ingredients thoroughly.

Apply this sandalwood face mask on your face and neck. After 15 to 20 minutes, rinse it off with cool water. Use it once or twice a week. This mask is particularly good for oily and combination skin.

It can also be used on sensitive skin. You can also prepare a face mask with fuller’s earth and rose water to get rid of excess oil.

SOURCE

http://www.top10homeremedies.com/diy-homemade/diy-2-ingredient-face-masks-for-glowing-flawless-skin.html/1