Sheep Placenta Benefits

sheep placenta

Sheep placenta

Sheep Placenta - The Secret Beauty Ingredient A-List Celebrities Don't Want You to Know

All of us know at least one woman who seems to age absolutely gracefully, with no signs of wrinkles and little outward aging. You know she has a secret, and chances are, she's probably using products containing sheep placenta.

Whether ingested through pills or gel capsules or applied topically in the form of creams, balms and serums, the beauty potential of sheep placenta makes it one of the leading beauty products on the market. Sheep placenta (also known as ovine placenta) is especially prized by celebrities, who know that their next movie or music deal often hinges on how they look.

A favorite of stars ranging from Victoria Beckham and Kim Kardashian to Simon Cowell (apparently, the British music mogul is mad for the age-reversing effects of sheep placenta), the nutrient-dense sheep placenta facial – born on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and now going global – is the latest craze for skin that looks years younger.

The ingredients that make sheep placenta such a celebrated beauty booster work not only because of the quantity and quality of nutrients they offer, but also thanks to the presence of stem cells, which help promote the regeneration of cells in the body, leading to rejuvenated, healthy skin as well as healthier hair.

"Why Sheep Placenta?"

Rich in nutrients – like in humans, the sheep placenta is what carries the nutrients to the lamb embryo – the placenta of the sheep tends to offer more beauty benefits than most, in part because of its similarity to human placenta, making products containing ovine placenta a prized addition to any beauty regimen.

There are four different stem cells found in the placenta and umbilical cord tissue of mammals, many with markers similar to those found in embryonic stem cells, which have been credited with helping address disease by repairing damaged cells in the body.

Placentas are traditionally considered by-products of the meat and wool industry, and although they previously had been thrown away, farmers in New Zealand have created a new industry by marketing the benefits of what once was considered waste.

The world's largest producer of sheep placenta is New Zealand which processes several tons of quality placenta each month, transforming it into either a powder to be used as a dietary supplement or a serum which can be added to a variety of different beauty products.

Sheep placenta has been shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and reduce skin sagging by adding skin-quenching hydration.

In addition to stem cells, sheep placenta also contains a protein that is believed to help stimulate collagen and elastin production, making skin look firmer and younger.

Improve the look of skin

Even as they help hydrate skin, placenta-based products may also help regulate the production of the natural oils found in skin, reducing the size of pores and helping control acne outbreaks.

The stem cells also enhance the renewal process of skin, speeding cell turnover and reducing the appearance of scars.

Regulating the menstrual cycle

Women with irregular periods may find their cycle corrects itself with the addition of ovine placenta as a nutritional supplement, some studies suggest.

But beyond this, ovine placenta products may also help give sex drive a boost, leading to more desire for sex – and improved sexual satisfaction.

Reducing the redness of rosacea

According to a four-week study from AMA Laboratories, products containing sheep placenta reduced the redness and inflammation associated with rosacea by up to 40 percent in almost 80 percent of participants within 28 days.

There were also no adverse reactions, study organizers said.

Hair, beautiful hair

Not only can placenta-enriched shampoos and conditioners help repair dry and damaged hair, it can also help turn back the clock has far as your hair is concerned.

Placenta-based products may help eliminate frizz, rehydrate and moisturize, add strength and help hair look fuller with added body and shine.