home remedies for dark spot

This Natural Homemade Recipe Will Make Dark Spots And Stains On Your Face Disappear

D

o you have a craggy face? One that is filled with stains, dark spots and hyperpigmentation? And you feel too embarrassed to go close to anyone because they notice nothing but the texture of your skin

Well, you are not the only one. A lot of people suffer hyperpimentation which leads to unwarranted darkening of the skin in patches often leading to stains and spots at very awkward places. And then no matter how hard you try to cover it up with a good foundation, the patches on your skin still resurface, leaving you face looking dull and unattractive.

But do you know exactly what is hyperpigmentation? 

It is a skin disorder caused due to overproduction of melanin in which the skin gathers dark patches and dark pigments. Scientists have believed pregnancy, sunlight, ageing, trauma and certain diseases to be the major cause for the overproduction of melanin. There are several internal and external causes of hyperpigmentation, for instance, the internal causes are there since birth more common to people with darker skin tone. The external causes, however, range from exposure to chemicals such as estrogen, progesterone, betaxolol, minocycline and ultraviolet rays of the sun leading to temporary or permanent discolouration of the skin, freckles, spots and stains.

There are surgeries to treat extreme cases of hyperpigmentation, but even after the condition improves the spots still remain. The most common case of hyperpigmentation during pregnancy is called Melasma which manifests with brown spots on the skin concentrated around the nose and cheeks. Though this cures on its own post the pregnancy.

But if you are tired of that rough, uneven skin on your face which is filled with dark spots and stains, here is a natural remedy using 2 basic kitchen ingredients that will make your face glow. Worth trying, we say. 

Ingredients: 

1 tsp Turmeric powder

1 tsp Lemon juice

How to Use: 

Make a mix of the lemon juice and turmeric powder and apply it gently to the affected areas.

Now leave it on for about 15 minutes or until it dries up thoroughly. Rinse your face with cold water. Make sure you don’t go into direct sunlight after this treatment.

Ideal to use this pack before taking a shower. Practise this ritual about twice daily for a full month, and notice the change in your complexion.

There will be no hyperpigmentation on your skin, and it will look smooth and even. If your skin is too sensitive, you can dilute the lemon juice with a dash of water or milk as well if you wish.