Revelations

I drove home quickly and kept looking across to see Lavendar sobbing.....I was feeling really wound up and concerned for her but knew that she would talk when we got home and after something to eat........We arrived back at the house, I parked the car and we made ourselves inside.

I refrained from making a fuss and instead went straight upstairs and ran the water for the shower.......I undressed and let the water and some aromatherapy shower cream take away the aches and pains that I could feel radiating through my body.....then I got into my favourite bathrobe and went downstairs.

I saw Lavendar pottering about in the kitchen...

"Shower is free if you would like it"

She turned to me, her eyes were still streaked with tears...

"Thanks........I won't be long"

I went into the kitchen and rummaged through the fridge for something nice to rustle up......I decided on a simple salad of tomato, cucumber, red onion, lettuce, cheese and a hunk of ham that I had purchased a few days back.

I added some ploughman's pickle to both plates and took them through to the table.......Lavendar came down the stairs looking a lot better, she had washed her hair and dressed like me in a robe.

She sat beside me and we ate in silence, I then realised we had nothing to drink and took two small bottles of cider from the chiller and set them down....Lavendar looked up at me and smiled.

After the meal and drinks were finished I took the plates into the kitchen and washed them, leaving them in the sink to dry.....I went and sat down next to her.

"Come on then Lavendar tell me what's wrong?"

**

She took a long pause and then a deep breath and began to talk.

"I waited until Terri was ready to see me and when it was announced as ok I went into her office......when I got in she was busy typing on the computer and looked like she was ignoring me"

"Anyway I cleared my throat and she turned to me and with an exasperated sigh stopped what she was doing and focussed her attention on me..........but she just sat there and stared at me".

"So I ask her what was wrong and eventually she spoke and this is what she said"

"What are your intentions toward my daughter?"

"I was taken aback and asked what she meant"

"I'm asking because my daughter is younger than you and I believe this is your first relationship with another female"

"Yes I know she is, and I know she is the first girl I have been with but Jessica made the first move and so my intentions would be to enjoy this relationship and be happy"

I was curious as to where this conversation was heading and when she suddenly got up and paced around the room, well I guess I had my concerns and then she sat back down and said something else.

"Forgive me Lavendar but I don't believe you, I think you will use this experience as an experiment and end up hurting her"

"It's not like that at all.......I really do care for Jessica"

Anyway she seemed to soften and calm down and then she put a finger to my mouth and asked me to close my eyes...

I was confused as to why but I did what she asked and then....

"Don't stop now Lavendar, what happened"

"She tried to kiss me"

"She did what.......why would she do that?"

"I don't know but I looked at her wide eyed and pushed away and then asked why she tried to do that when it's her daughter that I care for"

She shrugged her shoulders and I left the room in disgust and that's why I was in tears.

"Well Lavendar I will get to the bottom of this right now"

"What you going to do?"

"Text her and ask that she comes to the house"

"Is that wise?"

"Of course it is......I want to know what her game is..........she hurt my sister too"

"Ok.... Do you want me to stay?"

"Do you want to?"

"No.......I was going to see Jessica later"

"I think you should leave that until this clears over, I know it's not your fault and it's not hers but still"

"But Elixir, I really care for her and I don't want to lose her"

"You won't lose her..........take a walk down to the park and I will text you when it's been sorted".

So that was that I sent Terri a text saying I had just got home and was free this evening and would she like to come round.......I waited barely ten seconds before my phone buzzed

"I'm on my way"