Tell the Truth

I waited in until I heard a car pull up......she was here and I walked to the front door and opened it just as she approached...

"Terri, how are you?"

"I'm better now for seeing you"

"Please come in........would you like a drink?"

"I'm driving.......so just a spritzer will be good"

"Take a seat and I will bring it across"

I watched as she took her coat off and then went to sit down, she was looking at me and I think she was totally oblivious to what I was going to say.....I took two bottles into the front room and sat alongside her...

"So Terri.....can you tell me why you were interrogating Lavendar and then tried to kiss her"

She looked at me all serious.

"Is that what she told you?..........she tried to kiss me"

"Lavendar tried to kiss you, why?"

"We were talking about how well things are going between the four of us and then she asked me if it was serious between me and you"

"And what did you say"

"That I was surprised by my feelings and that I also felt we could be good for each other.......I got a bit emotional and tears formed in my eyes"

"And what happened then"

"She comforted me and cried on her shoulder and then I looked up into her eyes, she put her hand under my chin and started to kiss me.........I withdrew from her touch and asked what she was doing and she said and I quote

"I'm sorry, but you looked like you needed it"".

I looked at Terri in astonishment but now I had a dilemma, two stories from the girl I was in a relationship with and also from my sister......they both couldn't be right, what I was going to do.

I made a promise with Terri that I would talk with Lavendar when she got home, she asked what this meant for the two of us and I said it didn't change anything.

Terri leant forward and connected her lips with my own and we enjoyed a quite heated make out session with lots of tongue, she put her hand behind my head as we kissed and it felt so good to be close to her again, but at the same time it felt different and I didn't know why...

She stayed for an hour but had to be home to see Jessica, they were going to the movies tonight which was the prompt for me not seeing Terri until tomorrow, I walked with her to the door and after one final kiss I let her out and watched as she drove away.

I was about to text Lavendar when I heard the back door slam and in she walked.

"Well?"

"I told her and she told me that you had tried to kiss her"

"What and you believe her?"

"Sis, I don't know what to believe.....I mean I know it involves me but I can't fathom why she would do something like that, although from the sounds of it she was testing you....whereas if you kissed her then it would be to get back at me for something and I know you Lavendar we have no secrets"

"So what now?"

"Leave it...if Terri thinks about her actions then you can be assured she believes what you said about caring for Jessica.......I think it was a 'heat of the moment' incident and didn't mean anything.......she owes you an apology but I want to see if her behaviour toward you changes"

"Elixir, I swear it wasn't me that lied"

"It's ok Lavendar I believe you"

But did I?

**
I seemed to sleep fine and awoke later than usual........Lavendar had gone to work and as it was my free day I decided to take the car for a spin and test it out on some broken surfaces!!

I text Terri when I got up and she replied instantly, I was looking forward to seeing her this evening and suggested that the four of us get together and have a meal.......to show no hard feelings and that things had been done in the heat of the moment.

I was not apportioning blame to either person in the hope that this situation would resolve itself amicably..

She agreed that a meal was a perfect plan, so I sent a text to Lavendar making the same suggestion and asked that she speak to Jessica about it too.........as for today it would be just me and Belinda and some long and winding dirt tracks!!