6: Heroine Addict with a Thirst For Blood

The next day comes and goes. River doesn't speak to me but he smiles at me in the hall and makes weird faces at me before he walks out of the cafeteria.

No one talks to me, but the entire day everyone whispers when I'm around. It makes my heart ache a little, but I try not to think to much. It was a very hard task. People stared at me in class, and a few either smiled at me or shot me death glares. Things didn't get to weird until after lunch. I was walking out of the cafeteria with Taylor, whom hasn't stopped asking questions, when I'm greeted by the one and only Holly Tate.

"Hey stud!" She called from across the the walk way from the cafeteria to the school building. Taylor made a disgusted noise before she walked away, leaving me to speak to the short, curvy, and blonde walking STD who was jogging to me.

"Uh... Hi?" I said, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. She smiles at me and places a light hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, Carter right? I just wanted to tell you that what you did yesterday was sweet. The way you stood up for River. It was so brave, and you're so strong." She squeezed my bicep, and I tried my best not to roll my eyes.

"You do realize that your boyfriend was in that fight, right?" I softly pulled my arm away and offered her and awkward smile. I'm a nice guy, okay?

"He's a dick. He deserved it, and so did Jarvez. I wish you could have beat him up instead. Maybe you strong ass could have knocked some sense into him. I've no idea where he got the idea I slept with River. I'm not a slut. I've never even talked to the guy." Haha, yeah right. I wanted so badly to laugh in her face, but I didn't. I just shifted a little and nodded my head.

"Yeah well, guys are strange-" the bitch cuts me off.

"I'm not even dating him anymore. I broke up with him a while back. He's just jealous because I know I deserve better than him. Maybe someone like yourself." She smirks at me, and again I subside a laugh and an eye roll.

"Maybe you'll find someone. But I have to go." I turn to leave but she grabs my arm. Take a hint woman!

"Hey, you're really sweet. We should hang out sometime." I attempt to protest, but she is already writing her number on my hand.

"You don't even know me, Holly. I could me a heroine addict with a thirst for blood." I state. She just laughs all flirty like before she winks at me and walks away, shaking her hips like I should be staring at her ass. I laugh and roll my eyes before walking toward the bathroom to wash the number off my hand.

"So you're a heroine addict with a thirst for blood?" The deep amused voice come from behind me before River throws his arm around my shoulder.

"Eavesdropping much?" I laugh as we walk into the guys bathroom. It's empty, so I sigh in relief as I wash the ink from my hand. He chuckles before leaning against the white bricks. "The chick couldn't take a hint."

"Yeah, well that's her. Determination and a deep belief that she is immune to rejection." I shake my head and laugh as I dry my hands with a paper towel. River just watches me like I'm the most interesting thing in the world. My heart beat quickens. "So what are you doing after school?" He asks. I swallow the saliva that built up in my throat and smile at him.

"Me and Taylor are going to my house to watch movies all night. It's what we do every Friday." He nods his head and I see disappointment flash across his face. Then I have a bright idea. "You should come. It'll be fun. Taylor wants to meet you anyway." He eyes me questionably, and at first I think he'll reject my offer. Then he chews his lip and nods, his black locks falling in his face.

"Are you sure she won't mind?" He asks quietly. I swear I see him blush.

"I'm sure. Just drive on over when class is over." He actually smiles a little. My heart wants go explode.

"Okay. See you then." And then he walks out as the tardy bell for our last class rings. I grip my bag and make my way to  Chemistry, sending Taylor a text on the way.

So, River is joining us tonight. Hope that's okay.

It doesn't take long for her to respond, I read it as I enter the class room.

Hell yeah it's okay! You need more friends, you're beginning to bore me. Haha :p

I chuckle as I put my phone in my pocket. I sit down and ignore the stares I've earned all day. I don't hide my face this time, though. I'm simply too exited. I hold my head up high and try to keep the smile from my face. Let's just say I failed horribly, but that's okay. My mind is completely somewhere else. Tonight is going to be fantastic!

________~|~
Haha, that oblivious walking STD. Did you know River could be Shy? Hmmm?
Vote! Comment! Tell me what you think! Pleeeezzz I need feedback. Love you my Darklings!