8: Would You Rather

It's midnight before Taylor leaves, and since it's pouring rain, I offer River to stay the night. He agrees and I offer him some PJs. I'm completely dumbfounded when he starts changing in front of me.

After he removes his shirt, I can't seem to look away. His body is so perfectly sculpted. He has abs, but not gawky thick ones. He's slim everywhere, but I can see the muscles beneath his skin and dear god, he looks better than I ever could have imagined.

When his pants drop to the floor, revealing his boxers and giving me a better look at his V-line, my lip finds it's way beneath my teeth and my heart races. I know I should turn away, but I'm literally frozen. I watch him shimmy into the loose pants I gave him, but they aren't loose on him. They fit him perfectly in all the right spots and I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with looking at him all night. It definitely doesn't help when he throws the shirt aside, leaving me gawk at his beautiful bare top half.

"I think you're drooling." He says amusingly with a proud smirk on his face. I blush crimson and finally look away. Maybe I should tell him I'm gay. That way he will either put a shirt on or take everything else off.

Oh god, I shouldn't think like that.

"I... I uhm." Smooth you idiot. Now your a stuttering, staring dork stalker person and he's going to leave. "I'm sorry." I finally say, though I don't know what I'm apologizing for. He shouldn't have teased me like that. I hear him chuckle as he crawls into bed with me, adjusting himself a little to close.

"You're so awkward. I love it." He teases. "I don't blame you for staring. It's hard not to." I blush again and subside all urges to hide beneath the blanket and never come out.

"I'm not that awkward." Is all I can say back, which makes him chuckle more. I wonder how long I can live under my covers.

"Well, you need oxygen, so I don't think very long." I look over at him confused, and then it dawns on me that I spoke out loud again. Dammit. I really need to work on that. He smirks at me and it's just so sexy. I just want to... No. No just stop.

"Just curious. It's late. We should get some sleep." I go the switch off the lights but he just whines.

"But I'm not tired!" He protests, drawing out his last word. I roll my eyes and look over at him.

"Then what do you want to do?" I ask. His smirk deepens and my stomach flutters. I know what I want to do.

Stop thinking like that pervert!

"Let's play would you rather." He demands. I sigh and crawl into the bed again. He tends to enjoy acting like teenage girls.

"Fine. You go first." He smiles and sits up straight. He actually smiles. It's not a smirk, but it's not a toothy grin either. It's a normal, unforced, smile. I feel accomplished.

"Okay, so would you rather sleep with Holly or sleep with Taylor." Or course he's going to go right into the sex questions. I want to scream at him that I'm gay, but I'm sure he already knows. He waits impatiently for the answer, which is really hard to find.

"Taylor. At least it'd be someone I know is, uhm, clean, and I care about her. Not in that way, but if I had to chose, it'd be Taylor." He nods his head in understanding and then motions for me to ask a question. "Would you rather live in the cold or heat."

He rolls his eyes. "You're horrible at this. Heat, I like to walk around shirtless." I laugh and put my head in my hands.

"That's pretty obvious." I say, motioning to his bare chest. He smirks again and I blush again, this is becoming a habit.

"Would you rather me be without a shirt or without pants?" I swallow the thump in my throat and play with my hand, biting my lip. Neither? Both? Hell if I know, this guy has me all types of confused.

"You play dirty, I don't wanna play no more." I pout like a child, earning a small chuckle from River.

"Fine, turn out the lights." He says, nudging my shoulder a little. I blush and finally turn the light off. As I roll over and pull the blanket around me, I feel his arm drape over me and pull my back against his bare chest. My mouth goes dry and my heart starts pounding.

Is he fucking with me? I don't understand. Does he like me? Or does he just want me to admit to my sexuality? He's driving me crazy and it's only been two days. Boys don't cuddle in bed after two days as friends, do they? This is so strange. Maybe if I tell him I'm gay he'll stop teasing me like this. Maybe this is all a prank. If it is, I want to know now. Would I rather be out to my crush, or continue to let him torture me?

"River?" I break the silence, feeling him shift a little behind me.

"Hmm?"

"I'm gay." I say it in one quick breath. The statement I've only ever said out loud once. Just last night I had decided I didn't trust him enough to tell him, but here we are, the words I cannot take back drifting in the air between us.

"It's about time." He whispers. I expect him to move away, roll over, hell he can even leave, but no. Instead he moves closer against me and holds me tighter. Part of me wants to cry. I didn't realize how terrified of those words I actually was. Fear begins to envelop me. What if he tells someone? The school has already noticed me, so what if they find out in gay? Is he gay? What if he's not and he is still just fucking with me? Anxiety forces my hands to grow sweaty and my breathing to fire up, but it all stops the second he kisses the top of my head. "Your secret is safe with me, Carter. You can trust me."

That's when I realize that I'm in serious trouble. Not because of the risk of the school finding out, but because of the risk River turns out to be more than a crush.

So yeah. I'm in deep shit.

________~|~
Eeek, he told him! Yay! Now I hope River doesn't break his heart.

Vote! Comment! Tell me what you think! If I get at least one comment before chapter 15, I will write something in River's point of veiw. Love you my darklings!