The Incident

Travis's POV

I woke up to see my little angels sleeping. I went over to Kate and Trevor and still asleep. I went downstairs to cook breakfast before they woke up. I cooked eggs, sausages, pancakes, and hash browns. I looked behind me to see a figure leaning on the wall. I recognized it and it was Katelyn carrying Avery while she is sleeping.
T: Good morning cutie.
She starts to blush and Avery starting to wake up.
K: Morning Trav. (New nickname for Travis) What are you cooking?
T: Pancakes, Hash browns, eggs, sausages.
K: Sounds good Trav.
Avery wakes up and Katelyn puts her down.
T: Morning sleepy munchkin.
Av: Morning guys.
I picked up Trevor and Kate. I ate then fed them. I went to work and Katelyn had to go with Nicole to shop. So we left the kids with the baby sitter.

After a few hours

I got a call from Nicole.

N: Travis please don't freak out to what I'm about to say.
T: What is it?
N: T-Travis *starts to sob* Katelyn got into an accident. She got hit by a car when we were just crossing the pedestrian lane. And it was go for us.
T: What!?!?!!?!???!!! Where are you now!
N: We are in an ambulance heading to St. John's hospital.
Luckily I was just a few blocks away from the hospital.
I asked my boss to go away from work. He allowed me to go to her. I went with the car and arrived when the ambulance just arrived. I went out then locked the car I ran quickly to the ambulance and just saw her unconscious with a few scars and blood all over. I started to shed a few tears and they brought her to the ER (Emergency Room). I sat out side of the ER and waited for the doctor to come out. Eventually the doctor went out and said that she was in a critical condition and said that I can go inside to see the patient. I took a deep breath and went in. And when I saw her I started to cry. I saw her with tubes connecting to her and wires. I sat beside her and held her hand. I asked for a doctor for her status.
He said that she broke her leg and it could heal just for a week. He also said that she could stay here for 2 weeks. I went home and booked for a hotel near the hospital. I packed the kids' stuff. I went to the hotel with all the kids. Trevor and Kate inside a double baby stroller. I asked the receptionist for my key and went up. I let Avery help me get Trevor and Kate to sleep. And I tucked in Avery in a small bed. The next bedroom was mine. I went to the hospital to check up on Katelyn as soon as I went in I saw her awake. I ran towards her and hugged her. I started to cry on Katelyn's shoulder. She comforted me until I stopped.
K: Shhhhhh, Shhhhh Travis. I'm fine it's just the scars and the wounds and their after effects.
T: I just couldn't live without you Katelyn.
K: I won't leave you Travis. I love you mad you know it.
T: I love you too Katelyn.
I kissed her on the forehead.
I sat there until she slept so when she did sleep. I left for the hotel. I took a shower and went to sleep.
I thought to myself "I will never live properly again without Katelyn." I finally went to sleep.

I hope you guys liked it. I almost cried to my own story as it went on. I hope I didn't make you cry. And if you did it will make me cry.

645 words