Investigation

Travis's POV

I woke up and it was 10am I took a bath, changed clothes, and fixed my hair. I went over to a cafè and ate breakfast bought some for the kids and Katelyn I went over to the hospital to check on Katelyn. I saw her still sleeping so I woke her up. And she did wake up from sleeping.
K: Travis?
T: Good morning Katelyn. I picked up breakfast for you earlier from the cafè.
K: Morning Travis, Thanks for the breakfast.
She ate the breakfast I bought for her from the cafè. After she ate the breakfast. She looked at me with a smirk.
T: What's that smirk for?
K: This smirk is for this.
She pulled my collar closer to her and kissed me and I kissed back. When we parted I said
T: Oh that's why.
I kissed her on the forehead and left.
I called Dante for help.
D: What's up Travis?
T: Wanna help solve a case with me?
D: About what?
T: The accident where Katelyn was thought to be in a accident. But I think it was on purpose.
D: We can't just walk into a scene.
T: Yes we can. They think it's an accident. So there probably won't be any police around.
D: I guess you're right. Can I call the guys to help?
T: Sure why not.
D: Garroth, Laurence.
He shouts it loud. And they went there.
D: Guys wanna help us solve a case about Katelyn
After some time of explaining.
They said sure. We went to the area of the accident. I found a boot print, and a piece of hair.
I called the guys and they showed up. Garroth went to the police station and asked for the tape of the cctv camera.
Luckily they allowed him since they had 100s of copies of the tape.
Laurence found fingerprints on the car.
They haven't picked up the car from the incident.
Dante knew that stores close at that time of the incident due to lunch. So we went to their house and analyzed it. Soon as we collected the pieces. It all lead up to someone who has liked Katelyn since his childhood.

"Jeoffrey"

We were all shocked that it was him. We all thought he was innocent. Apparently we were wrong about him.
Garroth played the tape showing us the incident. After he hit Katelyn. He went out the door and put his hood up. He ran away as soon as he did. We went to an office to file a case against Jeoffrey. We had pretty solid evidence against him. We had the tape, the DNA, and the boot print. After 2 days of issuing the case. The trial was on that day at 3pm so we had 6 hours left before it started.
After a few hours..
The trial has began and started by saying the Allegiance of Truth.
Idk
The judge called the lawyer of the defendant. "You may state your first statement to why the defendant shouldn't go to jail.". He started talking then finished. The judge called my lawyer. My lawyer stood up and started talking.
After 2 hours of debating.
It looked like the judge was on the side of the side of the defendant.
She called my lawyer and asked if there was anything else. My lawyer answered but was cut off by a voice coming from outside going into the court room. The judge asked who it was. It was Katelyn in a wheel chair.
K: I am the victim of what happened. Jeoffrey was my childhood friend. And he like me but I couldn't return those feeling so he got mad at me. He even kidnapped me but I managed to escape without telling anyone that I was held hostage until now. He
She explained why she was the victim.
The judge seemed to side with us.
The judge made a final decision. And said "I find the defendant............guilty. The winning group will receive 100000$. We all stood up and celebrated. I looked at Jeoffrey and he gave me a face that could kill. I somehow heard him mumble "I will get my revenge". We celebrated and Katelyn finally got out of the hospital. We packed up the clothes of the kids and kids from the hotel. We finally went home. We got in pushing the wheel chair of Katelyn while she was holding Trevor and Kate and Avery followed us in. We locked the door settled back down. I carried Trevor and Kate upstairs to their bedroom. Avery went to their room too and stayed. I carried Katelyn to the bathroom and left her there until she called my name. I went back in and picked her up to go to bed. After that I got washed up and went to bed.

813 words