Chapter Eight: Dinner and Old Enemies

~Dipper's POV~

Today was the day and there was no going back. Today was when we decided to have dinner with Toby and his father, Tad.

At first, we thought it was a bad idea but Diana Belle told it to us first. She told us about two days ago. "So, I think it would be really nice to have Tad and Toby over for dinner on Friday and-"

"No." Bill cut her off, a scowl upon his lips.

"Bill, that's not nice. She didn't even explain why!" I stated, hitting my husband upside the head.

Bill groaned and rubbed the spot where I hit him. "I don't care! We are not having that demon and his demon child over at our house!"

Diana frowned. "Oh.... Okay.... If you don't want me to be happy and make new friends, then fine.... I'll just be lonely with my books and my art supplies...." She began to walk upstairs.

I knew what she was doing: Our little girl was guilt tripping Bill. She had never done it before until now, but I had seen this before from Mabel all the time. And if I knew Bill, and I did, he would do anything for our little girl, even if he didn't want to do it.

I could hear her fake sniffling from up the stairs and looked at Bill. I could tell he was gonna crack any second now. He then sighed. "Wait! We'll have the stupid dinner with them-"

"Great! Thank you, dad!" She squealed before floating over to us and kissed our cheeks, floating back upstairs in a flash.

My husband groaned and hid his face in his hands. "Ugh..... Friday is gonna be so bad...."

"Hey, look on the bright side, Diana's happy and this'll probably be the last time you see Tad." I stated, my hand rubbing his back.

"Until Diana and Toby's wedding day...." He groaned again.

Finally, it was Friday night and Diana and I were preparing some foods that Toby and Tad liked. It was mostly kidneys, eyes, hearts, lungs, livers, and other stuff like that for Tad and normal food for Toby since Diana said he could eat anything.

"Do you think Tad will like the food we made?" Diana asked, rocking her feet back and forth.

"I don't know, honey. If Bill enjoys these things, I'm sure Tad will like them too." I replied, laying the food out on the table.

Finally, Bill came down in his golden suit and looked a bit mad. "Just so you know, I'm only wearing this because I don't care."

"Or you don't have any other clothes to wear, dad." Diana joked, making me giggle a bit.

"Hey, just because you're a seventh grader, does mean you gotta talk like Regina George." Bill pouted as he sat down.

"You two and Mabel watch that movie too much." I stated before sitting down the Dirt Pudding on the table.

"So, what did you go with everyone else?" Diana asked, fixing her casual blue dress.

"I sent Mabel, Pacifica, and Preston to see the Jungle Book movie, sent Soos to the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, Robbie, Wendy, and their kid are off with Manly Dan, Will, Blair, Jill, and Winter are away at some Undertale convention, and I told Stan and Ford to go away." Bill stated, already having everything planned.

I knew why Bill sent everyone else out of the house; He didn't want anyone to see him pissed if he and Tad got into a fight. But I'm sure that wouldn't happen.

Finally, I heard the doorbell ring. "Oh, that must be them! I'll get it!" Diana Belle sang before running to the door.

"I better come with you, dear." I stated before following her, making sure that Tad or Toby didn't hurt her. I opened the door and looked shocked at what I saw.