Chapter Fourteen: Emperor's New Clothes

~Diana Belle's POV~

Tonight was the night! My first prom night! I know what you're all thinking: "But you're a sophomore! You can't have a prom yet!" Well, it's not really a prom, but more like a very fancy party for all the students of Gravity Falls High. But it still counts as a prom.

I was getting ready for the night with Aunt Blair and Jill. "Tonight is the night! The night where dreams happen!" Aunt Jill squealed out, still curling my hair.

I was more nervous than excited. I was going with Toby, after all! And he kept saying that he would tell me something exciting tonight. I just wonder what it could be. "Yeah.... I'm not sure that I can do this, guys."

"Oh, don't be silly! You can't be shy; You have to be as brave and fearless as you always are!" Aunt Blair cheered, sewing up the finishing touches on my dress.

"But that's only when I'm fighting monsters!" I replied, looking at myself in the mirror. I did look beautiful, but I was still very scared.

"Toby's a monster, isn't he?" Jill questioned with a slight giggle.

"He's a demon, like you guys." I stated.

"He's a half demon like you, dear." Blair stated back as she bit the thread off from my dress.

"Besides, there's going to be romantic music as soon as the slow dance starts! Music, candle light, and when the moments right, Toby will confess the secret!" Jill exclaimed happily.

I blinked before thinking of what the question could be; Do you love me? Will you hunt monsters with me? Do you wanna build a snowman?

......... Will you marry me?

But no, that couldn't be the question! We were far too young to get married or even considered the thought. But I supposed it would be nice to get married to him, but not yet.

"But what if I don't agree to it?" I asked curiously.

"Then say no. Don't let him push you to things you're not ready for." Aunt Blair replied.

"But it's a good thing I'm done!" Aunt Jill squealed, finishing up my hair.

I stood up and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was long and curly, my blonde ends shining. I wore a very long dress with the top part decorated with pink, light green, purple, and blue while the bottom was all light blue and flowing like a princess with sliver heels. I smiled, my pink lips going into a smile. "I look like a princess."

"You are a princess!" Aunt Jill stated, giving me a side hug.

"Well, we should go down to meet your parents. They're the ones that are chaperoning the prom." Blair commented.

"Alright! Lets go!" Jill exclaimed before flying down. I picked up the ends of my dress before following her. However, Aunt Blair grabbed my arm.

"Diana. There's something I wanna give you." She stated, rubbing her head slightly.

I blinked but nodded. Why did she want to give me a gift now?

She soon dug out a small sliver ring with a blue stone from her pocket. "This is a protection stone from demons. So you don't randomly start to lose your memories like me."

I smiled and took the ring. "Thank you, Aunty. And don't worry, we'll find out who's been messing with your memories."

Yes, I knew about the plan and what Tad was planning. I found it out from listening to mother and father talking about it. Of course, they didn't know that I knew. But it couldn't have been! There was no way that Toby was involved in something so awful.

"Now, come on. Your mother and father will probably skin us if we don't leave." Aunt Blair stated, pulling me along.

I laughed and nodded. "Okay, okay! Time for prom!"

~~~~~~~At the Prom~~~~~~~~~~~

So far, I was having a fun time! Eating, drinking, talking, and dancing with my friends. However, I only hung out with my folks, Rex, Winter, and Preston. However, Toby had not arrived her.

Winter wore a short yet sparkly blue dress with white heels, Rex wore a black and red suit with a skull decorated tie and black dress shoes, and Preston wore a pink suit with a white tie and brown dress shoes.

It was almost eight o'clock when I was hanging around at the wall, eating one of my Aunt Mabel's extra frosted cookie when Winter came over to me.

"It's almost time to slow dance! Where's Toby?" She asked, looking around.

I sighed. "I don't think he's coming...." This, I was thinking negatively. But maybe they were right. Maybe he was evil..

"Don't think so negatively, Belle~" I heard a voice behind me, which caused me to jump.

I turned around and found Toby. He wore a bright purple suit with a black tie and black dress shoes. "Toby~!" I cried out before hugging him tightly.

He returned my hug and sighed happily. "I'm sorry I'm late. I had to... Take care of something."

"It's alright, my dear! You're here, that's all that matters to me now!" I exclaimed before pulling him into a gentle kiss. Maybe he wasn't planning something awful...

Toby returned the kiss before pulling away. "Why don't we go slow dance?"

I blinked but nodded. "Okay, let's go!"

I dragged him all the way to the dance floor as "Lost Boy" began to play. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

We slowly began to dance, just as my mother and father did. Luckily, they didn't notice us. "Toby, you love me, don't you?"

He blinked and looked down at me. "Of course I do. Why would you ask that?"

"Oh.... Nothing, just a question." I replied in a whisper. I couldn't bare to tell him that my mom, dad, and I knew of Tad's plan. It would break his heart.

"Diana, there's something I want to ask you....." Toby whispered, trying to get out something from his pocket.

Oh god no. No please, not yet! "Toby, please... There's something I want to tell you." I stated, trying to stop him.

"Strange!" I heard my father yell, grabbing Toby's arm tightly. "Don't think we don't know what you're doing!"

"N-no, it's not what you think!" Toby exclaimed before pulling out a slip of paper.

"Wait.... You weren't going to ask me to marry you?!" I exclaimed, my eyes widening.

"What...? No, I was not going to follow my father's plan! I just wanted to warn her about Mabel and for us to leave this!" Toby stated before dad pulled him by his shirt.

"Yeah right! You're just like your father!" Dad growled.

"Bill, stop! He's not like Tad at all!" Mom stated to dad, trying to pull my father back from my boyfriend.

"TOBY, YOU FAILED ME!!!!" My Aunt Mabel screamed, dropping the plate of cupcakes.

"Aunt Mabel...?" I asked, looking scared.

"She's not Mabel, Diana Belle! She never was." My mom stated with a glare.

"It's been Tad." Bill growled low.

Aunt Mabel began to laugh hard before Tad came out of Mabel, causing had to faint onto the ground. "You all have been tricked! And there's nothing you can do! I will have the world, Bill Cipher! It's time for me to take back the crown!!!"

And with that, Tad Strange flew away. Soon, my father let out a beastly roar and followed him behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, okay. Tad and the plan has been revealed! I'm very sorry!!!!*gets inside Iron Man's suit as I cower in fear* IM SORRY!!!!

Anyway, this story is so close to being done. I know that this is the short sequel, but I'm gonna try and add some more things into it!

Also, what do you think will happen next? Make sure to vote and comment if you wanna see more! Well, bye everyone and I hope your heart strings aren't too destroyed!