Chapter Nineteen: The Monster Vs. The Beast

~Bill's POV~

"I love you too..." I replied before Dipper hung up on me. I put my phone back into my pocket and sighed.

"So, you think my father really is in there?" Toby asked me, pointing to the door.

Toby and I had stopped at a purple square shaped door that read "King Tad" in sliver handwriting. I nearly face palmed. "Perhaps."

"Alright, lets go." He whispered before going towards the door handle to open it.

I stopped the young boy. "Toby, I just wanted to say that if my daughter had to be friends and fall in love with any other half demon, I'm glad she chose you."

Toby seemed to smile. "Thank you, sir."

I smiled back. Maybe this guy wasn't so bad after all. And maybe I can see him and Diana Belle living happily ever after....

But now wasn't the time to think ahead. It was time to face off against Tad and break his curse. It was the only hope we have to stopping this madness. I reached towards the door handle and opened it.

The room we entered was very..... Empty. It was all grey and brown, but there were lanterns around the wall and a crystal chandelier above us. There was also a flight of huge steps leading towards a tall grey throne where Tad sat, wearing his same black outfit and a spiky onyx crown.

"Well, well, well~. If it isn't the "One Eyed Beast" and my darling son." Tad chuckled at us.

"Tad, we don't wanna fight you, please stop this." I pleaded, walking towards him.

"I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about, Cipher." The purple haired male replied.

"Yes you do! What you're doing to everyone! Dad, you have to stop this before it's too late." Toby begged, looking up at his father.

"And why should I listen to my traitor of a son?!" He barked at Toby, causing him to flinch.

"Strange, this is not you. I know that you've changed, just like I have. The Tad that changed would never abuse his child or want to take over the world." I explained.

Tad continued look at him, silent. I could tell he was thinking or wanting to change back. His eyes flashed from blue back to purple. I was close.

"Besides, would Poppy want you to do this?" I finished. But I knew that I had crossed a line.

Tad growled low and stood up, grabbing me by my neck. "Poppy is dead. THANKS TO YOU!!!"

I choked from his tight grip then kicked him in the stomach, causing him to groan and let go of me. I floated away with a confused look. "Thanks to me?!"

"YOU KILLED POPPY!!!" He roared to me, flying towards me before I flew away.

I panicked and began to throw golden fireballs at him. "What?! Why on earth would I kill your wife? I didn't even know her!"

"You killed her because you couldn't handle me being happy! You wanted to see me miserable while you were happy!" Tad replied, dodging the fireballs and throwing purple ones.

Toby flew up and grabbed his father's arms. "No, dad! Mom's a-"

But he didn't finish when Tad swung Toby away to the ground. "You stay out of this, boy!"

I heard Toby growl before flying back up to his father, making a purple crystal sword and began swinging. "I will no longer be your punching bag!"

I grinned and made my own crystal sword while Tad made his. I helped out Toby as all three of us battled. Mine and Tad's swords collided as we glared at each other.