Act 2

Derek's pov.
.
.
.
.
.

The day had come and the castle was full of people setting things up. The king and his family had arrived the night before but all went straight to their side of the castle and rested.

My parents asked that I come home and we go to the ball as a family. I was grateful for that. I did not want to go to this ball by myself and I didn't want to to run in to the future Alpha Kings anytime soon. I was hoping to avoid them for the rest of my life.

I packed a bag of my clothes, I had just bathed and smelled really good. I love the smell of lemons and I had learned to make my own soaps. I would take fruits and add to it. I gave them as gifts to my mom and the Luna.

My parents only live about two minutes from the castle so it didn't take log for me to get there. My mom was in the garden picking some of her prized flowers and my dad was sharpening his sword as the metal heated to make himself another I'm sure.

"Hello." I said as I walked through the gate. The cottage was one of the bigger ones because my dad is one of the top knights and he is an artist when it comes to blacksmithing. I have a talented family. And that is why I was a loser.

"Derek, baby welcome home." My mom coo'd.

"Son come give me a hand pouring this metal." My dad hollered from the shed he was working in.

I ran over after leaving my bag with my mom. I knew this was going to be heavy and I most likely was going to kill me to lift it.

"Gosh dad what kind of metal is this?" I grunted out as I attempted to lift one side of the melting pot.

"Silver." He said not even breaking a sweat. I managed not to spill it or kill us as we tilted it to pour it in the mold of three shields.

"What ya making?" I asked.

"Gifts for the R's." He said smiling. Grrrrrr. My dad loved the future Alpha Kings. He called them the R's.

"They will love them." I said trying to stay happy like him.

"I hope so." He said as they set he pressed a mold of each of their names in the back of one of the shealds.

I'm going to go see mom." I said smiling as he went back to work. He would of loved a son like the future Alpha Kings. But he got me.

"Hey baby, I picking flowers for Luna Queen Isabella, you want to help me?" Mom asked.

"Sure." I said I didn't want to get dirty so I arranged them.

Mom had cut all of the Lunas favorite flowers. I arranged them into a beautiful arrangement. I wish I could have my own garden. Maybe someday.

After a couple hours of working in the garden and sitting and talking during tea time. We all went and got ready. I chose a deep blue tunic and my gray trousers. I thought that color shirt would bring out my light green eyes.

As we walked back to the castle I asked the Goddess of the Moon to allow me to find my mate tonight. Just as we was about to enter the gates three shooting stars fell through the sky. I wished my wish three more times.

"Taurus Williams and family." My dad said in his knights voice.

"Knight Taurus Williams, Aries Williams and Derek Williams." The announcer said before he allowed us to enter. We bowed our heads towards the stage that held the whole McMurray family. The future Alpha Kings looked more manly. I quickly looked away before they noticed me.

The ballroom looked and smelled amazing. The colors they chose were red and blue like the color of my shirt. It's like I belonged here. There was tabled that sat 6 people and they had cute lanterns on each of them. Beautiful colored fabrics and the food was never ending. And the smell I swear there was fresh pinapple, mango and peaches mixed with forest and rain. I felt like I was on cloud 9 being here.

"Derek why don't you dance with your mother while I get us all some fresh drinks." My dad said making me roll my eyes. My dad hates to dance and my mom loves to dance to I was taught how when I was really young.

"May I have this dance lovely lady?" I asked bowing.

"Why thank you, kind sir. I would be so honored to dance with such a handsome young man." She said giggling.

We spun around the dance floor laughing and enjoying the music. I felt drunk on all the fun I was having. It was an amazing night.

After about six dances I become thirsty and needed a break. Mom was enjoying herself so much she made dad take her a round. They looked great together.

"Derry, little Derry Williams. Did you miss us?" A haunting voice asked me.

"In all honesty Ryan, I didn't. But welcome home, congratulations and have a nice life." I said not even looking at them.

"Mate." Rayne growled at me causing me to whip my head in his direction.

"Www what?" I stuttered out.

"You're our mate." Raycer growled out looking pissed.

"No way. Not happening. No." I whispered before running off. I heard three deep growls before I shifted and headed for my suite. I ran as fast as I could. I couldn't handle them, this. Why me Goddess of the Moon, why them? Why three?

I shifted and opened my door before closing it and locking the door. I had the next two days off and I was not leaving this room. Nope, no way, not going to happen.

I ruined my new clothes, this sucks. Oh well bath then bed. I hope I wake up from this nightmare tomorrow. I wake up and start today all over again.

Just as I was drifting off I heard three loud and sorrow filled howls. It brought tears to my eyes and made my wolf very restless. I knew who it was but I was to scared to face the rejection.

I will face the rejection tomorrow right now I want to be as pain free as possible.
Rejection hurts and have killed the rejected before. I love life even if mine sucks. I want to live I want to breath I want to grow old. Goddess please let this all be one big messed of mistake.