Act 6

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When I woke the next morning I was alone. To say it wasn't a bit disappointing would be a complete and utter lie. But that just means that my new lock worked. So I convinced myself as I readied for tea and work. I needed to steal my back bone and be ready for whatever is thrown at me today. Ready or not world here I come.

I walked with my head held high all the way out to the garden. Just to find the table empty. A note was there.

Derek,
Sorry but something came up I will not be having tea for the next few days. I will send word on when we may be able to continue. I love you and stand proud my son. I love you. Mom.

Well that just sucked. Oh well I need to go to the office anyways. I'm such a horrible records keeper. I will not let heartache stand in my way of my job.

I felt like a storm cloud was in my head and chest. As I walked in I noticed the weather fit my mood. Lightening could be seen in the distance and thunder heard all around. The skies looked like my clothing. All gray. For a ugh mood and a sad heart.

I made it to the office where I opened and closed the door quickly locking it behind me. I went to work quickly filling in the notes for the day before that I was out sick and did not open the office. At least I would have peace for about an hour. This place could use a good cleaning I just wish I would have thought of flowers to spruce it up a bit.

There had been nobody all day. The office was spotless but I was bored and sad. But just as I was about to close up for the night the door opened. The smell of one of my mates hit my nose and my heat rate quickened.

"Hello?" A voice I didn't know sang out.

"Just a minute." I said steeling myself for whatever awaited me behind the wall of ledgers I was hiding behind.

"Oh there you are, we'd like to register as mates." The guy from yesterday's tea said while Raycer stood behind him with no emotions at all.

"Sure, um... just one sec, I was closing for the day I just put the ledger away.

In the office their is three book that you don't touch. One for death notices, one for new pack members and one for mates. These ledgers are rumored to be blessed by the Goddess herself. Never have I had to use them. Ledgon says that if the book glows when someone comes in to sign one then that is the one you take. The Goddess is either blessing your mating, welcoming you to the pack or letting you know your loved one is now amongst the stars. Or the Goddess isn't blessing your mating, doesn't want you in the pack you've chosen or has damn'd your loved one to hell.

Right now the mating ledger is glowing. I was scared, I didn't want to touch it. I wiped my hands on my trousers before reaching for the ledger.

"Can you hurry up, we haven't got all day." The guy with my mate yelled almost causing me to drop the ledger.

"Um..... so the Goddess has personally picked you two to sign her ledger. This ledger hasn't been signed in a long time." I said carrying the glowing book.

It was warm and I felt amazing holding it; like the Goddess herself was filling my body and soul with strength, energy and goodness.

I placed the book down and went to the drawer and pulled out the ancient scroll. It had everything that needed to be said on it.

'I have chosen to seek the truth and nothing but the truth. If you sign this ledger with false information or try to take away a mate that isn't yours to take I will punish you as I see fit. If you knowingly sign your name upon this ledger you are stating the person whom is signing with you is your true mate. And if I find it to be true I will bless this mating with a true blessing. Chose wisely.'

"So basically she already knows the true and if you knowingly chose to lie you will be punished. If your mating is as she blessed it to be from birth then you will be granted a blessing of her choosing." I said opening the Goddesses ledger and turning it to face the unknown named guy.

"Oh its real. We've been together for years. In every way." Unknown said smirking at the fact that my heart rate stumbled and a whimper left my lips. But I steeled myself and decided to let it roll of me.

"That's lovely, so if you could print your name, sign it, add your birth date and today's date. Then your mate will add all his information as well." I said with a stiff smile.

"Bellevue Morrigan, or McCurry." Unknown aka Bellevue said.

"Your last name not your mates." I said again smiling.

"Okay..... gosh this is easy. Allllll..... done." He said slapping the quill down on the counter. He moved aside and let Raycer step forward.

He didn't even look at me or acknowledge me. I could feel my act slipping but I held it in.

"Well, congradutaions. I hope what ever the Goddess has for you is amazing. Good luck." I said gently closing the book. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Come on Racy I need you in me and now you can actually mark me. I've missed you." Bellevue said winking at me before taking his mate by the hand and heading out the door. My heart broke with the slamming of the door.

I gathered the blessed ledger and gently placed it back in its spot. The tears slide down my face but I couldn't feel them. I was numb. I should of know. I was never worthy. I've saved myself for 23 years and for nothing. I've dreamed of my mate for 23 years and nothing. I am a nothing.

I needed to leave to go far away from here travel maybe. Meet people see things. Lose myself lose my heart. No I'll just leave it here where it's already shader already over the place.