Act 8

.
.
.
.
Back to Derek's pov
.
.
.
Have you ever felt like you was in your own little bubble and nothing and no one could hurt you? Well that is how I felt now. I honestly felt content in my cave and with in the little area I travel to. There is a clean spring a little ways away, a hot spring of sorts in the other direction and loads of fruit trees and sorts all around me. I think I found my home for awhile.

I shifted and headed down towards the spring I take baths in. I find it truly relaxing to have warm bubbled water surround you. Someday someone will find away to put those in a bath. I hope I live to see it.

As I sat in the spring I noticed a heard of unicorns up on the edge of the small mountain. They are some beautiful animals. I wish they would come closer. The thought of one coming up to me would be amazing.

A warm breeze kissed my skin as I climbed out it dried my skin as I slowly made my way back to the cave. The smell of rain was in the air and a scent that was familiar was barely mixed in it. I don't know who it is and it bothered me.

I missed home. I missed my mom and dad I guess. Him and I haven't ever really been close. But I love him. Ugh I miss Cedric, the king and queen. He missed his office and his job but most of all he missed them. Even after everything he missed them.

How do you go from being scared of people to hating.... not wanting to be around people to falling head over heels in love with them? I wish I could hate them. And I wish I could be mad, but I can't. I get it. I'm a nobody. I have nothing to offer. Two holes and a roll and that's about it. But I'm going to die a virgin.

As Derek returned to his cave he dressed and set out to get wood. He has gotten in to the habit of keeping his wood piles stocked. The skies looked gloomy towards home. He hoped all was well.

As he picked up fallen branches and small fallen trees he lugged them back to the cave. On his last trip back there was something different about the atmosphere. It was like someone was there, had been there or they was close. Derek froze. He didn't know what to do. Run or stay.

He decided to shift and hid. His nose was doing double time because now he was picking up that smell again. This time he knew who it was.

"Come out Derek, I know you're there." The Alpha king said stepping into the clearing. Derek shifted and dressed before stepping out.

"How did you find me?" I asked. He shouldn't be this far from home.

"I'm the king and you Alpha. I can sense you. But also I smelled you when I was running the territory." He said sitting on a log near the cave.

"You followed me off the territory? That's not safe." I said standing and readying in case someone attact.

"Sit down son, you never left our land. Close but still with us. But you did travel far." He said making my frown turn to a smirk.

"So I've been home all along?" I asked now sad again.

"No you have been living the wild like a beast. I'm so proud of you." He said making me feel better.

"I like this place. It's beautiful." I said looking around.

"Yes, it is. So you going to talk about or are we going to play games?" He asked making my shoulders slump.

"I'd rather not. I'm hoping it all goes away." I said sighing before I look at the dirt.

"You know my son's are not always the smartest wolves. And they make mistakes just like everyone else. People think just because they will be Alpha Kings and rule over our kingdom that they are filled with all the knowledge the world has to offer. But I promise you there is a reason for what is going on right now and that in the end I hope you can forgive them and you all can move on from this." He said looking tired and sad.

"I'm fine with them moving on, I just can't be there to witness it. Or fill out the mating ledgers for them, or see them. Once the hurt stops I'll come home. And then maybe someone who is unmated or human will find me lovely and worthy." I said with the stones voice I could.

"Silly, silly boy. When will you ever see the potential you possess or how worthy you really are. Just because you don't have a fighting skill or a master's trade doesn't mean your not worthy. There is so much inside of you that out shines the rest." He said chuckling.

"I don't feel it. I've tried but it must be locked away." I said looking back at the fire.

"Have faith my son. So when are you coming home?" He asked.

"When it nolonger hurts." I said my voice only broke a little.

"I don't know how long this will last, you need to come home soon though or you could turn rouge." He lied. I know he lied because I know about ever wolf law there is. He would have to kick me out of the pack. But I'll let him have his dignity a little longer.

"I'm not ready." I said.

"The full moon is in 6 days. We will run as a pack that means by here. So you'll need to be ready then." He said standing.

"I will try." I said looking at him.

"That is all I can ask of you." He said smiling down at me.

"I miss you guys. And I really am sorry I'm such a coward and ran but my heart couldn't take much more." I explained.

"A heart is stronger then you think, we miss you too. Hurry home, son. I have to go, be safe. He said before heading off to shift.

His scent lingered for a could hours and I sat there taking as much of it in as I could. He smelled like home and happiness. I just wish I could find it there again.