8

tyler keeps apologizing. every single time he comes across josh, the words are already halfway out of his mouth.

luckily, they have two days before their next concert, so josh holes up in the hotel room and spends the days killing time on his laptop, doing nothing.

at the end of the second day, someone knocks on the hotel room door. it's clearly tyler, but josh lets him in anyway.

tyler comes in with a plate of food, shyly admitting he hasn't seen josh eat lately. again. crap, did he forget to eat again?

heck. he did.

after scarfing down the food tyler brought him (refusing to speak a word) josh burrows back under a blanket, assuming tyler will leave.

instead, he hears a creak as tyler sits down on the bed and pulls the covers off of him.

please, josh, tyler says. please forgive me.

josh forgives him. what else can he do? he can't hold a grudge over some yelling.

tyler smiles at him and says thank you. then he looks down, playing with his hands, and josh politely asks why he's still here.

there's something i need to do, tyler explains quietly.

which is--?

josh's words are cut off suddenly. tyler moves forward and kisses him, nearly pushing him back down on the bed. he pulls back just as fast, blushing.

what was that?

tyler apologizes again. it's something he's been wanting to do for a while.

josh is silent for a little.

are you mad? tyler asks.

no, josh says. just waiting for you to kiss me again.

he doesn't know why he wants that. and tyler is married on top of that.

but he's always had a certain thing for tyler. a part of him died the day tyler got married, and now it's come back to life.

what about jenna, though?

tyler's face pales. he pleads with josh not to tell her. he knows cheating is bad, but he has a secret. he was never really attracted to jenna. she's a cover up, so his parents wouldn't suspect him of being gay.

josh remains silent, taking this all in. finally he says, okay. and that's it.

don't tell anyone, tyler reminds him, and leaves the room.

shame. josh would've been alright with a goodbye kiss.