11

tyler is lying on josh's bunk on the tour bus. he's perfectly awake, but his eyes are closed and he's pretending to sleep.

josh doesn't go to him, doesn't cuddle up in his bunk, knowing that's what tyler wants. quietly he changes out of his sweat-stained shorts and lies down on tyler's bunk instead. it's safer this way.

yet quiet as he is, tyler's eyes pop open anyway. josh, he murmurs, josh come here. sleep with me. then a blush colors his cheeks and he quickly rephrases to admit that no, that's not what he meant, but he wouldn't mind that either.

are you drunk? josh inquires crossly. let me sleep, tyler.

drunk? tyler giggles. you know we don't drink. or curse. or smoke. we're kind of boring, aren't we josh?

what's he getting at? is he drunk or not?

no, i'm not, tyler says. but seriously, don't you think we are boring? like, what's the point of avoiding everything fun?

josh frowns at him. look at all our friends who ended up alcoholics or died from overdose, he tells tyler. quietly.

yeah, but it's fun, tyler insists. i'd love to get drunk right now.

he's crazy. tyler hates drinking. he tried it once and immediately swore off it forever.

what's wrong? josh asks. because obviously something's wrong. tyler would never, ever act like this, not in a million years.

tyler's voice drops and he whispers. i want to kiss you.

no. no, josh refuses, he's going to be the adult here and refuse.

please, tyler pleads, just one kiss. you're driving me insane.

how? how is he doing that? how could josh possibly drive anyone insane? (other than by being really, really annoying.)

one kiss, tyler repeats. just one.

well...there's no harm in it, is there?

tyler slides out of the bunk and gets to his feet, and josh does the same. suddenly tyler grabs the front of his shirt and pulls him closer, their lips coming together, and it's as good as the first time, if not better. the thought of 'just one kiss' slips away from josh's mind, and he moves to tangle his hands in tyler's hair.

this is wrong, and josh knows it.

but he doesn't care.

so im debating between making this like 20 chapters or like ridiculously long like 40/50,,, thoughts? also how do u like the story so far?