9

he doesn't sleep that night. he spends it sitting on his bed, mulling over the situation.

josh knows he's bi, he's known for a while. he had no idea that tyler is, too. or gay, whatever.

actually, there's still some part of him that doubts tyler.

last year there was a lot of backlash over how they handled the marriage equality decision. tyler had said something way too late, and everyone jumped on him. well, not everyone. but some people. no one really paid attention to josh then, which he was grateful for.

to top it all off, tyler's brother is one of the most transphobic and homophobic people josh has ever met. so at least tyler's story- of marrying jenna to stay in the closet- has some weight to it.

josh lies back on the bed and exhales deeply. another show tomorrow. he needs at least some sleep, cause shows are exhausting, but his eyes won't close.

it's only 3:17 am, too, so he gives it a couple more minutes of trying to sleep, then gives up, and throws some clothes on, exiting his hotel room.

he walks into the lobby and to the receptionist. tiredly he says hello, and asks if theres a way to acquire sleeping pills.

the clerk smiles at him and assures him that yes, of course there is. oh and, she couldn't help but notice he looks very similar to josh dun, would you happen to be him?

he blinks at her and confirms it.

she beams genuinely and explains that she's a very big fan of his work. after a moment, she adds that the pills will be delivered to his room in ten minutes maximum.

he stammers out a thank you in return.

of course, of course, he's told. no worries, josh dun, my pleasure.

he walks away feeling slightly bewildered. the thought comes into his head that the best way to stop thinking about the situation with tyler is to get her into his bed. and he wouldn't mind. she's attractive, and she actually knows who he is.

josh has made up his mind on the matter when he gets back to his room and finds tyler sitting on his bed.

why is he up?

tyler looks guilty, and he keeps pushing his hair back until it's a mess. he explains he can't sleep, he's certain he's screwed things up.

by kissing josh? is that what he means?

yes.

josh locks the door behind him and walks to the bed, kicking his shoes off. quietly he says to tyler that no, there was no mistake, as he's pushing the boy down on the bed. and he leans down, capturing tyler's lips with his own, straddling him.

he'd go further, but both of them are absolutely exhausted, and after a couple more minutes of making out, there's a knock on the door and tyler immediately goes under the covers. josh sighs and gets up, checking the door.

it's the clerk girl with a small box that he assumes are the pills.

josh thanks her, smiling at her as he takes the box. she nods and waves goodbye when he closes the door.

tyler's head peeks out from under the covers as he asks who that was.

josh sits down beside him and opens the box. he explains that he can't sleep, so he got the receptionist to bring him sleeping pills.

tyler's eyes brighten suddenly. any way josh could share those pills? oh, and could tyler sleep here tonight?

the room is silent save for the rattle of pills. josh pops one, then turns to smile at tyler. of course he can.

tyler beams, taking the pill easily. he pulls josh down beside him, and cuddles up to him. goodnight, josh, he sighs, already sounding sleepy.

goodnight, tyler.

//i wrote this entire chapter & then realized i used quotation marks and had to rewrite it (im trying not to use any quotation marks in it lmao)//