[1]

A/N: I've been wanting to write a Shizaya for awhile now. Updates may be a little slow at first and will depend on motivation and inspiration. But I'm really excited for this and I hope if anyone actually reads it they enjoy it. It bothers me that most the Shizaya's I've read are either smut heavy or have Izaya depressed and suicidal and I don't think Izaya has to be weak for their relationship to work. My writing of the characters may not be perfect but I'll try my best.

•••

-Izaya's POV-

Skipping through the streets of Ikebukuro and humming a tune to myself I find that I am quite content. The sound of my humans bustling around me, going about their normal lives. I have given myself the day off after this morning's deal. What to do, what to do on such a lovely day.

"Izaya! You eat sushi?" Simon asks me as I walk by Russia Sushi.

"Not today my friend, I think I am going to go home and relax for once," I say happily.

"But sushi relaxes, food is good for happiness," Simon urges.

I simply smile and walk backwards facing him. "Never change, Simon," I turn around and walk off.

What would make this day complete? There is something thing missing that would make everything perfect.

Suddenly a large object moving at high speeds whizzes past me and I hear a familiar voice in the distance.

"Izzzzzaaayyyaaaaaaa!!"

Ah and there it is.

"Oh hello Shizu-chan," I say facing the enraged blonde man.

He glares menacingly at me with that ever so familiar look in his eye, the one ready to kill. I'm not saying this is the best part of my day but I do look forward to it. I hate the monster but I can't deny that he is entertaining.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" I ask him smirking.

He returns the smirk. "I'm here to kill you, you flea," and he rushes at me with a sign post.

Thus begins our little game of cat and mouse. I dodge and draw my switchblade as he rushes at me a full force swinging that poor sign once again. Going back and forth, him swinging, me dodging and taking jabs with my knife. We continue this way for some time until Simon jumps out of nowhere in front of Shizuo.

"Get out of the way Simon," Shizu-chan says angrily.

"Violence is not good," ah Simon, ever so forward.

I sigh, now that my fun is over I might as well return home. I wonder if Namie will make me tea. Just then a vending machine flies and hits me square in the back and sends us both through the wall of Russia sushi. The last thing I see is the owner coming out angrily with a butcher knife before I lose consciousness.