[10]

-Izaya's POV-

So I'm going on another date with Shizuo this evening. My mind still hasn't fully processed this whole situation. I guess after a person tries to kill you for so long that when they start being nice to you it takes some getting used to.

I'm currently setting Celty up with her next job. I feel bad that I have been neglecting my favorite transporter. Not to mention it's a good distraction, ugh how is that things have been so weird that need a distraction.

"How are you and Shizuo doing?" Celty asks.

I swear she if she had a head she'd be smiling. Why is everyone so intent on being involved in this?

"Oh just great," I say sarcastically. "It pains me so much not to be near all the time," I say like a lovesick girl.

Celty lets out a puff of smoke like she is laughing and types on her phone. "Very funny, are you guys keeping this a secret?"

I shrug. "I dunno, it's not like we're official. Wow, I sound like a teenage girl now."

I swear she is giggling at me. "Alright, as long as you're taking this seriously."

I give her a confused look and she goes back to typing.

"Normally I don't get involved with your games but Shizuo is a friend and he's very serious about this."

"This is Shizuo we're talking about, there is a reason he is known as a monster."

She folds her arms and then types some more. "And do you think still think he is a monster?"

I pause for a moment. "Yes but he is different."

Celty shakes what would have been her head. "Alright I'll trust you," then she hugs on her helmet and drives off.

I've gotten way too far into this haven't I? Shizuo has always been different, it's why I've let our "relationship" go on for this long. But do I really like him? Is he capable of a romantic relationship? Am I capable of a romantic relationship? Am I overthinking this? Probably.

*Time skip brought to you by Erika and Walker, the true masterminds*

I hear a knock on the door and I go over to open it. Sure enough it is Shizuo, great. I let him in and close the door behind him.

"You're early," I say.

"Yeah, Erika, Walker and Shinra planned this whole elaborate date for us but I didn't think you'd want that."

"That's probably true," I say walking up my stairs so I can finish getting ready. "What do you have planned instead?"

"Do you wanna just go get something to eat?"

"Sure," I respond fixing my hair, wait why do I care how I look? "Can you grab my jacket? It's on my computer chair," I ask.

I hear no response but when I walk downstairs he hands my jacket to me. I take it and put it on and we head out. We walk to a diner not too far away in hopes that we don't run into anyone we know. We sit down and order our food and sure enough an awkward silence ensues.

"So, how is work?" Shizuo asks trying to ease the tension.

"The usual, dealing with strange humans, doing slightly illegal things and it has it's moments," I shrug. "How about you?"

"Um, pretty much the same," Shizuo answers.

"Wow who knew we would have something in common," I say with a surprisingly genuine smile.

He lets out a small laugh as well. "Well what do you enjoy doing? Aside from messing with people," wow that's the first time he's said that without accusing me.

"I don't know, strategy games, reading and fighting with you. Well, it used to be," I say with a smirk.

He nods. "Not to be cheesy but I enjoyed it as well and I hope it doesn't have to change."

Now it's my turn to laugh and he frowns at me.

"Sorry I've just realized that not only is that cheesy but this whole things so far has been," I stifle my laughter.

"Well I'm sorry for being new to this," he says crossing his arms.

"Awe did Shizu-chan miss me," I taunt him.

He grits his teeth and looks like he is about to blow, ah, I miss this.

"Izaya," he says angrily and leans across the table to grab me.

But I stop him by putting my lips on his. The kiss is longer this time and I think I can freely admit now that I love kissing him. Shizuo then realizes we're in public and sits back in his seat staring at me, still surprised.

"Maybe your right, maybe it is best that we stay together. It would sad not to do this ever again," I say.

He grunts. "And that wasn't cheesy?"

I shrug. "Not as bad as you've been, but I do have some ground rules."

"Oh really?"

"Yes, no more advice from the idiots, Kadota is fine but no one else."

He nods. "I wasn't planning on it."

"Second, we're probably going to fight, that is inevitable. If so we need to promise to actually calm down and talk to each other before we do anything rash."

Shizuo nods in seeming agreement.

"Lastly, if we're going to do this we do it our way. We aren't by any means normal so the whole romantic, mushy, standard stuff isn't necessary."

I wait for his response but all he does is smile.

"What?" I question.

"You really put a lot of thought into this," he laughs.

"So?" I question defensively.

"Nothing, it's actually kind of cute," he says.

I cross my arm and glare at him and he laughs. Darn him for making me feel so... happy.