[3]

-Izaya's POV-

"Maybe you're obsessed with him."

My piece of tuna did not quite reach my mouth. That... is the most outrageous theory I've ever heard.

"Nice try Mikado, I don't think that's quite right and why did you choose 'obsess'."

He shrugs. "A lot of people around here consider obsession and love to be synonymous and I figured you would stab me if I said the latter."

I nod. "Fair point."

Still his theory is completely ridiculous. Me, in love with Shizu-chan?  That's hilarious but impossible.

"Okay just to satisfy my curiosity, what is your reasoning behind this outrageous theory?" I ask him.

He shifts uncomfortably. "Well you told me once that I need to evolve, I assume that applies for you, too. If that's the case then even if you have the opportunity to mess with all the people in the world you will eventually get bored. You need someone who will never get boring and so far Shizuo is the only one."

I stare at him for a few seconds. What kind of crap does this kid fill his head with. To think... I need Shizu-chan, I have never heard such a ridiculous statement.

"Sorry kid, but your way off your mark," I smile, not masking anything. "Perhaps you should take care of your own relationship problems before you start making up others."

He blushes and I sigh to indicate boredom.

"Now leave me, I like to eat my meal in peace."

"But..." He starts.

I cut him off waving my fork away from me telling him to go. He leaves quickly and as he does Simon walks over.

"Izaya, would you like more sushi!" He asks enthusiastically.

"No thank you Simon," I honestly have inexplicably lost my appetite.

"You are not tainting the young boy are you?" Simon questions.

I laugh. "Of course not," I stand up and exit the establishment.

-Shizuo's POV-

I walk out of Russia Sushi with Tom while he makes a call to see if I have insurance to even consider covering the damage. What do I care? The little flea deserved it that wall just got in my way.

"Do you honestly have to do this every time you see the guy?" Tom asks knowing full well the answer.

"Yes," I say bluntly.

Tom sighs and rolls his eyes. "Well, you two were definitely made for each other."

For some reason him saying that makes my blood boil. Makes me think of Izaya, how I will kill the little flea.

Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill... kill... kill?

•••

A/N: Things should start to progress now. Not that I'm not making it up as I go along or anything:)