[6]

A/N: New point of view for this one. I hope you like it!

•••

-Shinra's POV-

Ikebukuro has been pretty quiet recently, I personally am happy that everything has calmed down. It's a good time to relax and spend time with loved one's. Unfortunately though, my loved one has been more on edge as this calmness has progressed. So I haven't exactly been able to enjoy anything.

Celty has been anxious because in addition to no fights between Izaya and Shizuo, Izaya has seemed to disappear entirely. He hasn't contacted her with a job in awhile and since he is the number one supplier of her jobs, Celty is nervous. I keep telling her she has nothing to worry about but when in comes to making money there is really nothing I can do to calm Celty down.

So now she is at Izaya's to figure out what's going on. It isn't that I'm not concerned about him but I know not to mess with Izaya if he is angry. Celty should be fine though, I hope.

*beep, beep*

Oh, she just texted me.

Celty<3: You better get over here, it's pretty bad

Oh that's not good, okay imagination don't go to bad places. I grab my equipment bag just in case.

*Time skip brought to you by Mikado's creepy smile*

I get to Izaya's apartment and as soon as I walk in I see Izaya hanging upside down from the ceiling being held by Celty's shadows. Ah, I've been there before. Celty is standing there looking up at him with her arms folded.

"So, what's up? Aside from Izaya," I laugh to myself.

Celty turns around and types on her phone.

"He won't talk to me."

That is definitely peculiar, I look up at Izaya. He is just hanging there with no expression on his face. Which is strange because in situations like these he usually has a self-assured smirk on his face.

"Put him down, I'll try to talk to him," I say calmly.

Celty lets out a reluctant puff of black smoke and lowers Izaya to the couch. I go and sit next to him and Celty walks off.

"How's it hanging?" I ask and laugh at my own joke.

He glares at me. "Would you do the world a favor and throw yourself off the balcony."

Well, at least I got him talking. "Seriously through, I've never seen you like this."

"I don't need to be psychoanalyzed by you," he says bitterly.

I just stare at him, this is so strange. "What happened?"

"Just go away, I'm not going to tell you and it's a waste of time trying to figure it out. I'm just tired, going through something, whatever excuse helps you console yourself."

Alright this has gone far enough, I stand up and tower over him.

"Listen, this isn't like you and I don't care if you value our friendship or not, let me help you."

He looks up and stares for a moment. Then to my surprise he bursts out laughing.

"Are you trying to intimidate me?" He says wiping fake tears from his eyes.

"What? I-I mean, don't change the subject," I stutter.

He finishes giggling and stands up. "To satisfy your curiosity, some unsavory feelings have arisen for a certain person. It takes some time for my sociopathic brain to adjust to human emotions," and there is that self-serving grin.

"Haha thanks for the vague answer," I say.

"You're welcome," he claps me on the shoulder and walks past me.

I shake my head and then come to a realization. "Wait..."

He stops and turns around.

"The only person you've ever felt anything strongly about is yourself... and Shizuo. You already have 'unsavory' feelings towards him, you guys try to kill each other almost every day and you wouldn't consider murderous intent to be that bad anyway. So it's something else, something you don't want to feel. Izaya, are you..."

"Stop," Izaya says and looks away.

"Don't avoid the question..."

"No really, shut up."

Just then Celty rushes through the door and shoves her phone in my face.

"The police and news people are outside the apartment building and about to come in!!"

"Okay first don't freak out, it's going to be okay," I try to calm her down. "Can you safely get out off the balcony?"

Her smoke nods frantically and I give her a reassuring smile.

"I'll be fine, just go."

She nods again and makes a break for the balcony and jumps just as the police and media barge through the door. Some of the officers grab Izaya and I.

"Your being taken in for questioning in regards to your affiliation with the black rider," the scary police officer with the scar says.

Fantastic, this should be fun (note the sarcasm).