[13]

-Izaya's POV-

"Yeah like an idiot like you could understand any argument!" I say angrily to Shizuo.

We are currently in a pretty heated argument. I'm going to be honest, I don't remember what we were originally arguing about. I doubt Shizuo does either, it has just turned into a battle to see who will win.

"Izaya," Shizuo growls angrily.

"Oh yes because saying my name aggressively really validates your argument, Shizu-chan," I say sassily.

I can see him getting angrier and angrier, there was a time where this would be incredibly amusing. But now I'm just frustrated by his immaturity, ugh who knew relationships would be so much work. He steps forward in an attempt to assert his manliness but I put my hand out to stop him.

"I'm not doing this with you right now. My apologies for believing that you could have a human conversation."

Before he can say anything in response I grab my jacket and I walk out his apartment. That might not have been the most mature thing to do but we weren't going to get anywhere all worked up like that. Ugh, I hate having to be the mature one.

I walk through the city aimlessly, trying to clear my head. Not only has it been weird that we so flawlessly transitioned into a relationship but I feel like my brain hasn't fully comprehended the fact we're in a relationship. I'm thinking too much about this aren't I?

I let out an audible sigh and turn a corner into an alleyway. I just want to get home now so I'm taking a short cut. I've taken this route countless times and yet I feel a small sense of threat.

"Hey!" I hear someone call from behind me.

I turn around to see a group of five aggressive looking teens. The leader comes up to me and sneers at me.

"You Izaya Orihara?" He asks.

"The one and only," I say with a little bow.

"I hear you and Shizuo are shacking up together," he accuses and his buddies snicker.

"Wow maturity is high up in here," I say mocking his vernacular.

"Better watch your tongue," one of the cronies growls.

"Oh I don't even need to think up insults since you all are jokes without my help," I retaliate.

He steps forward but the leader stops him and smirks cockily.

"Your boyfriend caused me a lot of trouble, my dad has me grounded for life, fired my maid and took my car."

"Awe your life is so hard," I mock the snobby rich kid.

"Yeah well he needs to pay and since he is the strongest man in Ikebukuro, you'll have to do," and with that he pulls out a gun.

I wasn't expecting that, apparently his buddies were either.

"Dude, this wasn't the plan!"

"We were just going to beat him up!"

They make a break for it as quick as they can leaving their friend and I alone. I put up my hands up slowly.

"You do realize doing this will get you in even more trouble," I say calmly, how did a kid like this even get access to a firearm?

"Shut up," he shouts. "This is to send a message."

I knew there was no talking him out of it so I waited for the shot and tried to dodge. I feel it hit me and fall to the ground. I see the kid run and the last thing I hear before passing out is the someone who heard the shot calling for help.