[5]

A/N: Writing Shizuo was harder than I anticipated but I hope I did okay. Things are starting to develop and even though I don't have a concrete plan for how this fic is going to go I'm very excited. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

•••

-Shizuo's POV-

I take a hopefully calm stroll through Ikebukuro one evening. Hopefully I don't run into any annoyances, like Izaya. Come to think of it I haven't seen him in awhile. Not that I miss the flea, at all.

"Hey Shizuo!" I here from behind me.

I turn around to see Erika and Walter walking towards me. Great, this may even be worse than if Izaya was here.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"Can't we just say 'hi'?" Erika asks pouting.

Kyohei and the driver guy follow close behind them.

"Hey Shizuo," Kyohei waves to me.

I wave back and ignore the otaku conversation that is going on in front of me by the two idiots. I just stand here as the angry driver guy yells at the other two for being annoying, thus making him annoying. Why have I been so easily irritated recently? Who cares, I just want them to go away.

"So how are you and Izaya doing?" Erika suddenly turns her attention to me and wiggles her eyebrows.

"What the heck do you mean?" I ask angrily.

She sighs and looks at Walker. "Why must they be so ignorant of their feelings?"

The squinty eye boy shrugs. "Stoic types sometimes don't even recognize their feeling as feelings until confronted with them."

What the freaking heck are they talking about? Whatever, I turn to Kyohei, the only sane person in pretty much this entire town.

"You guys up to something?" I ask him.

He shrugs. "Not really, these two have some manga to sell, we're just here for back up."

"Is selling manga dangerous?" I ask.

"You'd be surprised," he says in complete seriousness.

The other three start walking away and gives me a look and starts walking away. I sigh and start to turn before being interrupted.

"By the way, I saw Izaya on the roof of the building across from the park. He looked pretty down, maybe you could see what's up."

He turns around and catches up with the others. What is he thinking? He knows that I'll kill the flea on sight, so what the heck did he tell me where he is? And for that matter the little parasite is probably thinking up his next way to mess with people, he is not even capable of feeling sad. Still... I should probably go.

*Time Skip brought to you by Celty's horse/motorcycle, who I'm surprised doesn't have a name*

For some reason I find myself in front of the building. How stupid am I? What the heck am I doing here? Why do I care?

Regardless of these questions I find the stairs to the roof. Once I open the door to the roof I see him sitting on the edge of the roof. Ugh, just seeing him makes me feel the impulse to attack. But I'm not going to, I don't know why, but I'm not going to. I'm just going to walk up to him, ask what is wrong and leave.

"Your steps are very loud," I stop a few meters away from him.

"Well I'm sorry," I say sarcastically.

He turns his head and looks at me in surprise and then glares. It's weird, he usually smiles that stupid grin when he sees me, why does that anger make me feel so uncomfortable?

"If you're here to fight I'm not in the mood," he says and turns back around.

Well, that's different, a bit disappointing as well.

"When have I ever given you a choice," I say challengingly, maybe it will cheer him up or something.

"Why do you even want to attack me?" Izaya asks, ignoring me.

"Because you mess with people you stupid little flea."

"And you'll never forgive me for that one time in high school?"

I don't respond right away. "Well..."

"Well you should," he cuts me off and stands up. "Because I'm done with this."

He walks past me and then stops just as he passes me.

"Goodbye... Shizuo."