[9]

-Izaya's POV-

So I decided to go, it's probably a trap but this person knows where I live so the danger has remained consistent anyway. I arrive at Russia Sushi ten minutes before the allotted time and Simon smiles upon my entrance.

"Izaya, come sit, we are expecting you!" He says.

"Oh are you now? I didn't expect you to be in on this," I say truthfully, this is just getting more interesting by the second.

Simon sits me down in a private booth and I wait patiently. Simon gives me tea and leaves with a knowing smile. I give him a snarky grin back and check the time. The time turns to ten and I rock back and forth impatiently until the figure I most feared it would be walks into the booth and slides the door closed.

"Hey," Shizuo greets.

Well if that's how your going to greet me properly then I'm not going to respond. The atmosphere automatically becomes tense and Shizuo just stares at me through those ridiculous sunglasses. I'm not just going to sit here.

"So is this your way of messing with me? Killing me isn't enough for you now?" I accuse him.

To my continued surprise he laughs which makes me feel more frustrated. Why does this frustrate me so much?

"Look I'm going to be blunt with you because I'm not good with fancy words. When you told me that you were done fighting I was very upset and angry. I thought I would be happy to get away from you. But when we were in that cell I guess I realized that I can't not have you in my life so if I can't kill you then this is the next best option."

I just stare a him for a few seconds taking in what he just said. Is he trying to insinuate that we, Shizuo Heiwajima and Izaya Orihara, Ikebukuro's worst enemies in a relationship. This is... absolutely ridiculous.

"Even if I believed that your telling the truth, why would I want to date you," I almost choke on that word.

"Because I've never seen you this nervous and flustered."

This isn't good, my cheeks are burning and I've lost all ability to speak. To make things worse Shizuo leans across the table and kisses me. I want so badly to push him away but I can't move. He eventually pulls away and looks at me with that stupid smirk. Before either of us can say anything the door slides open and we see Simon there with a large plate of food.

"Food promotes good feelings, I hope you two are getting along," Simon says with a slightly threatening smile, guess they don't want anymore holes in their restaurant.

Neither of us say anything and Simon leaves. I pick up my chopsticks and try to act normal. Shizuo just keeps staring at me, ugh this is so awkward and why was I not disgusted by that kiss?

"Who all was in on this?" I ask trying to lessen the tension.

"Shinra gave me your address and had Celty drop off all the packages. Erika and Walker helped me with all the gifts, sorry if they were a bit over the top. They were my only choice since I'm new to this whole romance thing. I figured you'd like some mystery to it."

Oh my gosh he is actually apologizing to me. Who is this person and where is Shizuo?

"Figures they were involved," I say.

Shizuo shrugs and eats a piece of sushi. We finish our meal and leave together, I ignore the stares and hushed whispers of those who organized most of this watching from the corner of the restaurant. We walk through the city and are greeted by even more stares of people who are confused to see us walking together.

"So are you walking me home?" I say with not enough sarcasm.

"Of course," he says nonchalantly. "This is a date after all."

What is with this guy? We keep walking and take a short cut through an alleyway.

I stop suddenly. "Wait, if this is a date doesn't that make me the girl?" I question.

He turns around and walks towards me with a strange expression on his face. I walk backwards until my back is against the wall and Shizuo puts his hand to the wall preventing my escape.

"Does that mean you want it to be a date?" He asks.

"No, I just..." Dang it, didn't think this one through.

He smiles. "I'll take you on one more date, then you can tell me your decision," he says and starts to walk away.

He walks off leaving me there, my mind still confused about what the heck just happened.

•••

A/N: So, what do you guys think? It's hard to write Izaya as uncomfortable and not in total control of the situation. Anyway tell me your thoughts^_^