[16]

-Izaya's POV-

It has been a couple of weeks and my wound has healed quite nicely. Now I feel like I need to do something for Shizuo, as thanks. I know, since when did I care about being nice. Well I can make an exception and tomorrow is Shizuo's birthday so it's perfect. Shizu-chan is a bit fickle though but I'm not one to back down from a challenge, especially when it comes to him.

-Shizuo's POV-

I wake up on the day of my birthday, the only reason I remember is because Izaya set my phone to play obnoxious birthday music in place of my alarm. After I grab breakfast the doorbell rings and I go to answer it. It is a package delivery and inside makes me smile. It is full of chocolates, roses and other things I sent Izaya before we started dating. At the bottom I see a note.

Have a lovely day, Shizu-chan. I'll see you at my apartment at 4!
~Izaya<3

That little flea, he said he made plans but this is the first I'm hearing of them. I then see more writing on the back of the note.

P.S. Kasuka is coming to take you out for lunch, so be ready!

I roll my eyes and get dressed. My little brother shows up later, it's nice to hang out with him. Not that I don't mind that weird girl he is with, I can't really judge choices in partnership. We walk around until it's time to go to Izaya's.

When we get there basically everyone is there. Shinra and Celty, Kadota's gang, Simon, Veronica and Tom. It's good, not too many people. Everyone comes and wishes me a happy birthday except Shinra just smiles and waves. I give Celty a questioning look and she types an explanation.

"Izaya told him he couldn't talk and be annoying," Celty lets out an amused puff of shadows.

Izaya really did think of everything, but I still haven't seen him. That is, until I sense someone sneaking up on me. I turn around and Izaya jumps up and attacks my lips. Erika squeals and I refrain holding him for too long. We have all the traditional cake and gift giving. Kasuka got me a new suit, Shinra made me a cigarette lighter that doesn't alert metal detectors, the Otaku's give me some manga that looks a bit suspicious.

After a little while Izaya shoves everyone out of the apartment. Which is good because I was getting tired of people. Izaya probably noticed, now that it's just Izaya and I, I'm happy. Izaya closes the door and I smile at him from the couch.

"So, where's your present?" I ask with a smirk.

He puts his hand on his hip. "Haven't I done enough for you already?"

I laugh a little and stand up. I take his hands and kiss his still frowning lips. Finally he smiles and he guides me to his room.

"I'm not tired," I say.

"I know," he responds.

I smile, I never thought this would ever happen but I love this man.

-Izaya's POV-

Love you, too Shizu-chan.

•••

A/N: I'm sorry to say that this is the last chapter. This felt like it was a good place to stop and I don't have any more ideas. So, sorry for no warning in advance. I hope you enjoyed this little story, thanks for reading!