[12]

-Izaya's POV-

So it has been a month now and Shizuo and I are still together, who knew right? I've honestly been surprisingly happy, it seems I do genuinely enjoy being around the monster. We haven't really done anything yet, just a lot of hot make out sessions which I'm not complaining about.

I never thought I would view someone this way, much less Shizuo. I'm a sociopath, I play with people's lives without regret and yet I care about what Shizuo thinks. I used to hate him for that fact, he is unpredictable which makes him abnormal. I cannot predict what he will do which used to annoy me to no end but now, it excites me.

Right now I'm at Shizuo's, remember how I said that being with Shizuo hadn't been boring? Well today has not held true to that. He has been reading for the last hour, I didn't even think he could read. Okay, that was mean but I'm really bored.

"Shizuo I'm borrrred," I standing above him as he sits on the couch ignoring me.

He just nods, obviously not hearing me at all. I then sit down next to him and start poking his cheek.

"Shizu-chan, Shizu-chan, Shizu-chan..." I say right in his ear.

All I get is a face twitch, ugh how annoying. I lay on my back and have my head in his lap. He doesn't take his eyes off his book.

"Senpai notice me!" I say in partially fake desperation.

No response, alright this is starting to get annoying. I'm going to have to amp up my game.

"Okay Shizu-chan you asked for it," I warn him.

I push myself up so that I'm closer to his face. Start kissing his lips, I move so that I'm sitting completely on his lap. I continue kissing his mouth and face and to block his view of the book but he just moves it so he can see it.

"Shizuo Heiwajima have I ever told you how much I hate you," I say disgruntled.

I swear I could see a small smirk just barely form on the bastards face. I wonder... I wasn't going to use this one quite yet but I'm not about to lose this one.

"But that would be a lie, because the truth is it's the exact opposite," I say sweetly with emphasis on the last bit.

That got him, he puts down his book and finally looks me in the eye.

"Izaya," I says with aggression in his tone.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"We agreed you wouldn't mess with me like you do others," Shizuo says threateningly.

"Who said I was messing with you," I smirk.

He then pushes me towards him and captures my lips. This is much better and it means I won so I'm happy. We pull away for a moment after a little while.

"You're such an attention whore," Shizuo says.

"Awe Shizu-chan, you say the nicest things," I respond with a smirk.

He smiles back and we go back to our previous activity. But not for very long I'm sad to say because there is a knock on the door. I jump off Shizuo's lap and fix my messy hair, I look back at him and he almost looks disappointed.

"Look who wants attention know," I tease him.

He just grunts and I open the door to see Shinra and Celty. Shinra is carrying a giant gift basket for whatever reason, I invite them inside.

"What the heck is that?" Shizuo asks.

"It's a gift basket, a congratulations on your guys' relationship!" Shinra says brightly.

"Isn't it a little late?" Shizuo asks, still skeptical.

"Well," Shinra scratches the back of his head and looks at Celty. "We were kinda making sure it was gonna last."

Shizuo starts to growl which makes me happy to have such a defensive boyfriend. But I don't want to clean up a mess so I put my hand in his and squeeze it.

"Well thanks for the vote of confidence," I say.

Celty types on her phone and shows it to me. "Can I talk to you, privately?"

"Sure," I say and let go of Shizuo's hand and we walk to the kitchen.

I hop up on the counter. "So, what's up?"

She starts typing. "So you and Shizuo are really in love."

I swing my legs. "Hmm, I wouldn't say 'in love' yet but I am quite fond of him."

She types again. "Okay, I wasn't sure you were taking this seriously."

"What about me would make you believe that?" I ask with an innocent smile.

She shakes her would be head. "Shizuo is a good friend, I don't want to see him get hurt."

"Why does that sound like almost a threat," I ask.

I swear if she had her head it would be smiling right now. We both walk out of the kitchen and witness a very one-sided conversation of Shinra talking Shizuo's ear off. Celty and I save him by prying Shinra away, we talk for a little while and then Shinra gets an emergency call and they leave.

"What were you and Celty talking about?" Shizuo asks.

"Oh just some business stuff, nothing special," I shrug.

Shizuo nods and then he does something unexpected. He picks me up like you would a bride and starts walking towards the hallway.

"S-Shizu-chan?"

"You wanted attention earlier so know you're getting some."

He walk me to his bedroom and shuts the door. This should be fun.