[8]

-Izaya's POV-

He kissed me. That wasn't a dream (or nightmare) right? He legitimately kissed me. Why? Was it to mess with me? That isn't like Shizuo, he wouldn't kiss me unless, no. Nope, Shizuo hates me and I don't like him.

After I return to my apartment my news monitors immediately pop up with articles about the Black Rider and Shizuo's arrest. I immediately close them, not wanting to think about him. I decide it's been too long of a day and plop down on the couch and fall asleep.

*Time skip brought to you by Senpai•_•*

I wake up the next morning to a knock on my door. I yawn and get up and walk to the door. I open it to see a delivery man.

"I have a package for a Mr. Orihara," says the guy who looks like he truly does hate life.

"That's me but I didn't order anything," I say.

He gives me a look telling me he doesn't care and I don't bother to argue. I accept the package and bring it inside. It only has my name and address, no hint of who it is from. I hope it's not a bomb, that ended badly last time.

I carefully open the box and to my surprise there is only one thing inside, a single red rose. I take it out and sniff it, there doesn't seem to be any toxic chemicals. I guess the only question now is who sent it. Namie to mess with me? Shinra and Celty as an apology? Who else would know where I live? I refuse to believe who I actually believe it is. Nope, no, never.

*Time skip brought to you by the overuse of time skips*

So these little anonymous gifts didn't only continue but they increased from cute little nice things to absolute ludicrous. More flowers, chocolates, my favorite foods which lets me know that they do in fact know me. I tracked everything back to the package delivery but the person covered their tracks very well.

They have been coming every other day for about two weeks now. It's been very irritating to say the least, as a person who knows everything that goes on in this city it is aggravating not to know. In fact today's package should be arriving any minute, the delivery boy officially hates me know. It's his fault though, he shouldn't make it so easy for me to push his buttons.

I hear my doorbell buzz and I open the door and get today's package. It is smaller than the last couple have been. I open it to see a note inside, I don't recognize the handwriting, the person who wrote it pressed hard on the paper probably trying to write differently than normal. The note says:

Meet at Russia Sushi tomorrow at 10:00am.

The curiosity is going to kill me if I don't do this. I do stuff like this all the time so why is it that I am feeling both excited and nervous?

•••

A/N: Filler chapter but necessary. Things should get very interesting in the next chapter. Who could have possibly written that note? Is the meeting a trap? Stay tuned for the next installment of whatever this book is called because I forgot the title. Thanks for reading!!^_^