[14]

-Shizuo's POV-

After Izaya leaves I just lay on the couch and try to calm down. Stupid flea, always needing to one up me on everything. I guess I can't really talk but doesn't he realize how hard it is for me not to get angry?

I end up falling asleep not long after, I didn't know a fight with your boyfriend could drain you. Fifteen minutes later though my phone starts to ring and I pick it up without looking at it.

"Shizuo, you need to... Hurry now... It's bad," Shinra shouts quickly.

"What the heck are trying to say?" I ask.

"You need to come to the hospital right now!" He yells franticly.

"Why...?" I start.

"It's Izaya..."

I immediately hang up, not caring to hear the end of it. I leave the house and start running through the city. Once I reach the hospital I go to the front desk.

"Where is Izaya Orihara?" I ask probably a bit too forcefully as the receptionist looks scared.

"Um..." She looks at her computer. "He is in surgery sir."

"Why?" I asks in disbelief.

She looks at me scared and I calm down. "Sorry, can you please tell me what happened?"

"It says he was admitted with a gunshot wound, there is a waiting room just down the hall."

"Thank you," I say.

I walk down the hall and see Shinra sitting on a bench outside what looks to be a surgery wing. Shinra sees me and waves to me.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"From what it sounds like those kids you beat up a couple months ago, well long story short the guy had a gun."

I clench my fists in anger, so this is all my fault.

"But Izaya tried to dodge so the bullet only hit his arm so he should be okay," Shinra says encouragingly.

Just then a doctor in surgical scrubs comes out and Shinra stands up.

"He's stable and we were able to remove and clean the wound just fine. He probably won't wake up for awhile since the blood loss and surgery took a lot out of him."

I nod and Shinra thanks him, we follow him to the room where they moved him. Even though I knew what to expect I'm still taken back by Izaya lying on that hospital bed. There are bandages on his right shoulder and upper arm, he has tubes hooked to him. He looks peaceful but he is so pale. I clench my fists even tighter and clench a curtain rod to my right and the metal crunches.

"Shizuo," Shinra says with a concern in his voice.

I turn around and start to walk out but I feel a hand grab my arm.

"Let go Shinra," I say angrily.

"Shizuo wait, I know what you want to do. Please wait, we can do this right, fighting won't achieve anything. Celty is already scoping things out as we speak, let's get everyone else together."

I sigh in resignation. "Fine."

I walk up to Izaya and take his hand. I give him a kiss on the forehead.

"I'll avenge you and... I'm sorry."

It's funny the reality that hits you when someone you care about almost dies. The urge to get revenge is strong, Shinra might not be able to hold me back.

*Time skip brought to you by Determination*

We meet up with Celty and Kyohei's gang as well as that woman who works for Izaya, I don't remember her name. Celty types quickly on her phone in order to relay all the info.

"The guy who shot Izaya stashed the gun and ran home. I have the gun and with his prints and the bullets he can easily be convicted. But if we want to be certain since his father can probably afford some high priced lawyers we can get his friends to agree to testify."

"Awe Celty, you're so smart," Shinra hugs her.

While Celty tries to get Shinra off her Kyohei speaks up. "If we can get those kids and the father in the same place we can convince the dad that he has no reason to support his son."

"Good idea!" Shinra says enthusiastically. "Alright, can you four get the cronies and we'll head to the house and make sure the kid doesn't run and Namie..."

"I'm sure as heck not helping," she says and walks off.

Ungrateful little b-

"Okay then," Shinra says. "I thinks that's all we need."

"I still don't see why we're going to all this trouble just to get him arrested," I grumble.

"We've been over this we can't kill him," Shinra says.

"If this doesn't work..." I start.

"Awe he's so protective that's so cute!" Erika squeals.

Celty puts her hand on my shoulder. "It will be alright."

I don't say anything and we all split up. Celty's shadows create a side car for me and Shinra rides with her. We get to the house and spook all the people who work there, when we find the boy who shot Izaya, Celty has to restrain me. His father eventually shows up and Shinra explains the situation and at about the same time Kyohei and the others show up. I don't pay much attention to what happens after that, I just stare that little idiot. He looks absolutely terrified as I glare him down.

According to Shinra his friends had already agreed to help us. I guess a ride with Erika and Walker is an effective form of torture. The dad got really pissed off at his son and isn't going to help him. Afterwards we all go back to the hospital. They don't stay for very long but I stay, he still hasn't woken up. I sit down on a chair next to his bed, I rest my elbows on the bed and stare at him. I eventually fall asleep.

Izaya you better wake up, you stupid flea... I love you.

•••

A/N: Sorry for prolonging the cliffhanger:) but I don't regret anything. If it seems like there is a lack of specific detail and names and stuff. This is because Izaya and Shizuo especially don't really seem like the type to remember uninteresting or people that don't really affect them. So that's why (totally not because I'm lazy or anything).