[2]

-Izaya's POV-

I regain consciousness five minutes later to have Shinra in my face with a stupid concerned look on his face. Celty and Kyohei's gang are there as well for no apparent reason. Shizuo and the Russians are having an argument on the other side of the restaurant. Despite my injuries and the annoying useless people, this is quite an interesting display of human interaction in such a strange situation.

"Woah do you think this damage will make him more human!" Erika says with literal sparkles in her eyes.

"Wow I can't believe he actually hit you this time," Kyohei says.

"You're so nice to the injured Dotachin," I say sarcastically.

"Still can't say you didn't have it coming," can someone please tell me why I am still here?

"Can all of you shut up, he might have a concussion!" Shinra yells at a volume I have only heard when he thought Celty had been kidnapped.

This does actually work, even the mess of testosterone in the corner even lowers their voices... except Shizuo. Once Shinra is finally done checking me, I get up and attempt to leave only to have my way blocked by a stern, angry old Russian.

"And just where do you think you're going?" He asks.

"Home, am I not the victim here?" I say trying to limit the sass in my voice given that the man in front of me has a knife and knows how to use it.

"Don't give me that, you are both fixing this mess."

I sigh. "Send me the bill," I try to keep walking but am stopped by Simon stepping in front of me.

"Not so fast Izaya," he says with that unnerving smile.

•••

So that is how I got stuck picking up debris with none other than Shizu-chan. He adamantly ignores me of course, except I can feel his piercing glare shooting daggers at me every so often. Heh, that's a funny metaphor.

"Can't you just get the guys who are fixing the wall to clean this up?" Tom asks Dennis(the man who owns Russia Sushi according to wiki:).

"There needed to be some form of punishment and I'm sure as heck not paying the workers overtime," the Russian man says icily.

Tom nods in agreement and Shizuo shoots him a glare. Haha, more metaphors.

"What are you smiling at Flea?!" Shizuo asks the glare turning back to me.

"Oh I was just likening you to young child," I say smirking.

He scoffs. "Yeah well I never thought I'd see the day where you would do menial labor."

"Awe the little boy learned such a big word," I coo putting my hand over my heart.

Shizu-chan starts to growl and I just smirk egging him on. Just then a knife is thrown between us and latches itself to the floor. We look up to see the increasingly familiar sight of the old Russian glaring down at us.

"No fighting you idiots!"

I sigh and go back to work and Shizuo does as well.

We finish cleaning up an hour later and Shizu-chan and Tom leave immediately but I stay for tuna, might as well since I'm here. While I am peacefully eating my meal a young man comes running into the restaurant. It appears to be the young Mikado, I never get tired of this kid I wonder what he is running from. He stops when he sees that everyone is looking at him and tries to act normal. He sees me and I smile at him and he timidly walks over and sits across from me.

"How is your day Mikado?" I ask although I do not care and hope he reads into to that.

"I pissed off some bikers," he says rubbing the back of his head. "They were harassing these girls and..."

I put my hand up and he stops talking. I take extra time to finish my bite of exquisite tuna.

"I get the picture but why run here?" I inquire.

His eyes shift towards Simon.

"Ah," I nod and he just looks down at his hands. "Well, at least you came though the door, unlike me."

He looks at me confused and I just smile and nod to the whole in the wall that is currently covered by a sheet. He nods in understanding. One of the things I like about this kid is that he doesn't ask stupid questions.

"Why do you guys hate each other so much?" He asks.

I shrug. "Do we need a reason?"

"You do," fair point Ryugamine.

"Well your a smart kid, why don't you figure it out?" I challenge him.

I scrunches up his face to indicate that he is a actually thinking about it. This kid tries too hard sometime, if he didn't try so hard trying to keep secrets from his friends his life would be so much easier. Why does it seem like I'm the only won who knows that?

"You wouldn't do it this long just because it's funny. You get bored of games if they aren't interesting anymore so something makes Shizuo interesting to you," he pauses.

I don't like where this is going.

"Maybe you're obsessed with him."