XXV. Love Sickness

Neetu's POV:

I was standing next to window and watching night sky...Laksh came and back hugged me...

Laksh: What are you doing beautiful?

Me: Laksh...(I shrieked) leave me...

Laksh: Oh sweetheart, can't you see how much I love you?

Me: Love..! Laksh, No one can see love. We can only feel it...The moment it happens we can feel it...I love every moment with you.

Laksh: (smirks) Oh...so when it started? I mean when you fell in love with me?

Me: (Blushing) when we went to hospital, that night, On Rishi's bike...

Laksh: and then?

Me: (smiling) In cinema theatre, even in the darkness I know you were watching me instead of movie but I didn't say anything because I was already in your love trap....and then in our marriage when we made our vows that's the moment I fell yet again madly in love with you.

Laksh: Then in...Coffee shop and when I sent you flowers...

Me: Yes!! Yes! That too Laksh!

Laksh (playing with my tresses): For me...It was in shopping mall when you were buying sari for your mom!

Me: Laksh! You were there?

Laksh: Yes! That's the moment I fell in love with you. Infact I love every moment with you."

I know It was all in the past...I know I am not that lucky anymore that I can see Laksh every day, say I love you to him, kiss him, cook his favourite food for him, but I still have the right to remember it right!

It's already a week from the day I mercilessly left Laksh in the airport. After breaking Laksh's heart again I departed to flight without turning back because I know if I turn back I can't leave him. When I reach Vizag.....Papa was already waiting for me in the airport as if he knew I was planning to escape to nowhere if he gave me a chance. He just hugged me tightly and took me back to home. He told me that mom was waiting for me at home.

Dad took me to mom's home. When I saw her after months smiling at me, I re-adjusted my channel eye glasses on my eyes so she can't notice the tears forming in my eyes. When she hugged me radiantly smiling I can't stop myself from saying "I hate you, Mom" and made my way to my room. While going upstairs, I heard mom saying to dad "Shekar, what happened to her? When she was in Ahmadabad, she seems to be lively, happy and enthusiastic over phone but now when she is back she appears to be the same old Neetu when she had break up with Laksh, in fact now she seems to be more weak and unhappy. If anyone can give me my old stupid and happy Neetu back..... I am ready to sacrifice our entire wealth to them".

Yes, now I really hate my mumma because she taught me how to be good, how to be generous and think about others before ourselves. If she didn't teach me that, now I would be really bad and be happy with Laksh or if she didn't teach me how to be a good wife when I was going to Shimla, then I would be a bad example of wife and then Laksh would hate me making our divorce easy for us. That's why I really hate my mom and I hate myself more than I hate my mom.

The very next day I shifted from my mom's to dad's place so she can't notice me crying anymore. Whenever I go out I see Ruby following me. I know Laksh would have ordered him...I really hope I have someone like Ruby so I can order to follow Laksh and report me if Laksh ate his breakfast, lunch and dinner on time. Whether he is feeling well or not, whether he misses me like hell or not, whether he moved on from me or not. It would be better if the person reports me at night too whether Laksh slept properly or not because Laksh have a habit of waking up in the middle of night sometimes. I used to sooth his back and made him sleep again. It would be better if the person report me every minute so I can take my very next breath calmly without worrying about Laksh.