My Fake Relationship (Chapter Fifteen)

"Hayley, are you even listening to me?"

Hayley had her eyes focused on the road and her hands gripped to the steering wheel as she drove me slowly. She jumped slightly and glanced at me.

"Of course I'm listening," she said plainly.

"Then what did I just say?" I asked her.

She sighed. "I don't know, something about you and Ringo... again."

"Well, thanks for listening," I said sarcastically, crossing my arms over my chest and turning away from her. In her defence, I had been talking about him a lot. 

"Okay, I'm sorry, Nina... I'm just a bit distracted, but I'm listening now," she promised.

"Are you sure you'll actually listen this time?" I asked.

She smiled slightly. "Yes, Nina... now what were you saying?"

I sighed and then shrugged a little.

"I'm just... shocked I guess, with all this Ringo stuff. I mean, it all happened so fast... one minute he's avoiding me, the next he's telling me how much he likes me," I said.

"It's called a honeymoon phase," Hayley stated. "It's not going to seem real for a while, it's going to seem fun... they'll be a lot of... kissing, and something tells me you've already got that under control. Eventually it'll become serious and that's when you'll know it's real."

"How do you know these things?" I frowned.

"I'm just all-knowledgeable," she answered, flipping her hair a little.

"I mean, come on, no offence, but you haven't had a boyfriend for a while," I pointed out.

"You know why that is," she muttered.

"Because you're going after Harry," I nodded slightly.

"And he just does the one-night stand stuff," Hayley said.

"Actually..." I said slowly.

"What?" Hayley asked looking at me.

"He... might've told me that he was giving the one-night stand stuff up," I said softly.

"WHAT?!"

I love that girl, but when it came to Harry she lost her sanity. The news shocked her so much she looked away from the road and at me... and you should always keep your eyes on the road, especially with a intersection coming up.

"Hayley! Red light!" I screamed at her.

She slammed her foot on the break and the car screeched to a stop at the line. Hayley breathed slightly and then turned to look at me.

"Please tell me you're not lying?" she begged.

"I'm not... that's what he said," I told her. "Now, can you stay focused on the road?"

"We're at a red light," she waved it off. "So, he's actually going to date?"

"I think... it's always hard to tell if Harry is serious or not," I shrugged.

"But you know what this means?" Hayley smiled.

"And that's exactly why you can't," I said.

"Excuse me?" she asked, slightly annoyed.

"You can't date him... I know you want to... and I want you to, as well.... Even though he is my brother and I want the best for him, you just can't," I said. "It's too risky with you knowing about Tim, and knowing about Ringo and me. Harry could catch everyone of us so easily if he was with you."