My Fake Relationship (Chapter Twenty Nine)

Tim and I stood in his driveway after Ringo has dropped us off after school, and I'm pretty sure we've been standing there for at least ten minutes, just silent...and definitely scared. Since Tim's parents had moved back they worked from home a lot. They weren't always social, they often just worked which is something Tim hated. It made them seem cold but I knew they had decent hearts. They were probably just scared and confused. This was there son after all, and this was a new part of him they didn't know.

"How long are we going to stand here?" I whispered suddenly.

Tim turned his head back to me slightly and he shrugged a little. "I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be able to go in there. I think you may have to force me."

"I can do, if you want me too," I said to him slowly.

"I don't just want, I need you too," Tim sighed, looking at me. "Drag me in, please."

I sighed a little too as I stepped closer to Tim. For a brief moment neither of us moved until I slipped my hand into his. "I will be with you every step of the way. I promise."

Tim walked slowly towards the front door and I made sure that I stayed close to him. Of course he was allowed to be scared and show that, but I also needed him to appear strong I needed his parents to believe that he was still strong on his own and that I wasn't going to be holding him up. I knew what his parents were like, and I knew what both of us needed to say to even get them to listen right now.

It was Tim who knocked on the door in the end and I noticed the way he immediately started to fiddle with his fingers once he had done it. I stood closer to Tim and he moved closer to me. He was absolutely terrified right now.

The door finally clicked open and Tim stepped backward like he was going to run away or something, but I felt him grip onto my wrist to stop himself from stepping back any further.

"Oh, Tim," Tim's mother sighed at the sight of us.

I didn't know if she was angry or if she was mad. It was really hard to tell what was going through her head right now.

"Mum," Tim said as he breathed out heavily. "We...we need to talk."

"To talk?" Tim's mother asked surprised. "Timothy you lied to us...about everything."

"And why do you think he lied?" I jumped in so much faster than I expected. "We want to come inside and talk, if that's okay?"

I was being really persistent, so much more than I expected, and I think more than Tim did too, but he didn't stop me. Tim's mother eventually just nodded at us and allowed us in. Tim walked in first but I stayed close to him as I walked past his mother and into the lounge room.

Tim and I sat down together on the couch and his mother disappeared off into another room, probably to get Tim's father. I didn't know what I was going to say, or if I even knew how this was going to pan out. The idea of Tim's parents hating him because of who he was, killed me, and it made me a lot anger than I expected.

I was right about Tim's mother getting his father, as when she returned, he returned with her, both entering the room. Tim shifted closer to me on the couch and I didn't think he could get any closer. I had to be strong for Tim, because he wouldn't get through this alone. They sat across from us now, and only a coffee table separated the space between all of us.

"It...it is nice to see you again, Tim," Tim's mother whispered softly.

"Nice?" Tim asked. "That's not what I thought you would say to me considering what you said when I left."